Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE COOL ONES

Enjoying this mid-60s gem, perfectly described in all its awfulness in the TCM guide.  But it has several gems to merit.  Glenn Campbell singing "One of those Things," but unfortunetly constantly interupted by the Debbie Walley wannabe Debbie Watson.  In addition to his cameo, the best part is what I believe is the initial public airing of "This Town," as Watson walks dejectedly down Sunset Strip after being fired.  Don't think it became the Frank Sinatra hit until after this film.  Lee Hazelwood wrote it, and went on to work with Nancy Sinatra, including These Boots are Made for Walking,  and wrote It Never Rains in Southern California, and was a cult figure in late 60s music..

You might be more familiar with This Town as the tune for Paul Schaffer's parody intro on Letterman's Small Town News.

Enjoying this mid-60s gem, perfectly described in all its awfulness in the TCM guide.  But it has several gems to merit.  Glenn Campbell singing "One of those Things," but unfortunetly constantly interupted by the Debbie Walley wannabe Debbie Watson.  In addition to his cameo, the best part is what I believe is the initial public airing of "This Town," as Watson walks dejectedly down Sunset Strip after being fired.  Don't think it became the Frank Sinatra hit until after this film.  Lee Hazelwood wrote it, and went on to work with Nancy Sinatra, including These Boots are Made for Walking,  and wrote It Never Rains in Southern California, and was a cult figure in late 60s music..

You might be more familiar with This Town as the tune for Paul Schaffer's parody intro on Letterman's Small Town News.

I started to watch this, but had to leave for work after a half hour into it. When did Roddy MacDowall come into it? He was billed first.

I remember one of the songs was a B side on one of Petula Clark's singles. The film had a quickie playoff if it was booked at all. I dont think it even played where I lived. Debbie Watson was being groomed for stardom at the time (I was a fan. LOL). She starred in 2 back to back tv series (Karen and Tammy), both of which lasted one season, and this film. I think she was in a Love, American Style segment too. She got married and left the biz, as they say...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings