Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No.

When I say screenwriter, playwright and author- - I mean he is the epitome of all those professions.

Hint: He has received more Oscar and Tony nominations than any other writer, plus 2 Emmy Awards.

This confused me for a bit, since Woody Allen has the most Oscar nominations of any writer, but his Tony noms are lacking. Then I thought Oscar and Tonys combined, and I immediately thought of Neil Simon!

So is the answer:

Neil Simon (The Odd CoupleBrighton Beach MemoirsBiloxi Blues, Barefoot in the Park)

&

Marsha Mason (Cinderella LibertyThe Goodbye GirlChapter TwoOnly When I Laugh)

?

This confused me for a bit, since Woody Allen has the most Oscar nominations of any writer, but his Tony noms are lacking. Then I thought Oscar and Tonys combined, and I immediately thought of Neil Simon!

So is the answer:

Neil Simon (The Odd Couple, Brighton Beach Memoirs, Biloxi Blues, Barefoot in the Park)

&

Marsha Mason (Cinderella Liberty, The Goodbye Girl, Chapter Two, Only When I Laugh)

?

Yes and the 2 Emmys were for Sid Caesar's Show of Shows and Phil Silvers' Bilko.

Lawrence, you're right again, your turn--

Next:

He was a British leading man who started in films during his teenage years. He aged into a leading man, appearing in primarily European films, although he made quite a few in America, as well. He later segued into the director's chair with some success, and even formed his own production company that released a number of notable genre films.

She is an American actress that often lived and worked in the UK. Her notable films included a seminal biker movie, an update of a classic film noir detective, and a fan-favorite haunted house movie.

Next:

He was a British leading man who started in films during his teenage years. He aged into a leading man, appearing in primarily European films, although he made quite a few in America, as well. He later segued into the director's chair with some success, and even formed his own production company that released a number of notable genre films.

She is an American actress that often lived and worked in the UK. Her notable films included a seminal biker movie, an update of a classic film noir detective, and a fan-favorite haunted house movie.

Hint?

You know, it's hard for me to believe that you have only 9,409 posts. You've been an absolute behemoth in "Games and Trivia" for years.

I pick and choose certain threads to participate in.  I usually prefer threads which have actual questions and answers as opposed to those endless list threads that are terribly repetitive and dull.  I will occasionally make an exception and post in the Movie Song thread.  I have to say, though, that these message boards are a very small part of my life.  I can't be on here 24/7 like some people who seem to populate the General Discussions threads.  Nor would I want to be.  I don't spend my days just, and please excuse the expression, "spinning my wheels".  There are some folks on these boards who must never sleep, or never leave their homes.  They seem to feel like they have to contribute to every thread that comes along.  And DGF, I'm not referring to you.  At least you don't post all day and night, and you do actually leave your home occasionally.

Now, he is an actor who became famous playing a doctor on a long running medical show.  A few years after that show ended, he showed up on another TV show playing, what else, a doctor.

She was a juvenile actress on a TV sitcom.  She also had a brief recording career.  As the years went on, she became a regular on several other sitcoms, even working at one time with a famous relative of hers.

Who are they?   .

I pick and choose certain threads to participate in.  I usually prefer threads which have actual questions and answers as opposed to those endless list threads that are terribly repetitive and dull.  I will occasionally make an exception and post in the Movie Song thread.  I have to say, though, that these message boards are a very small part of my life.  I can't be on here 24/7 like some people who seem to populate the General Discussions threads.  Nor would I want to be.  I don't spend my days just, and please excuse the expression, "spinning my wheels".  There are some folks on these boards who must never sleep, or never leave their homes.  They seem to feel like they have to contribute to every thread that comes along.  And DGF, I'm not referring to you.  At least you don't post all day and night, and you do actually leave your home occasionally.

No, I believe, based on previous posts, that insult was directed at me. I'm sorry if my posting bothers you that much, Miles. 

No, I believe, based on previous posts, that insult was directed at me. I'm sorry if my posting bothers you that much, Miles. 

No. Lawrence, that post is not directed at you.  You are one of our more knowledgeable posters.  It's not even meant to be an insult.  It's just a statement of opinion.

Both husband and wife are TV stars.

Both have appeared in movies and made for TV movies-- but they're best known as 80's--90's television series stars.

When you name this couple, please name at least one TV series, which each one starred in.

Hint: The wife had a great deal of controversy in relationship to her hit TV show.

The last clue did it.  It's Gerald McRaney and Delta Burke.  He starred in "Simon And Simon" with Jameson Parker.  It was about two brothers who were private detectives.  He later starred in "Major Dad"

Delta Burke was one of the stars of "Designing Women".  She had a dispute with the producers over conditions and working hours.  She also had a dispute with co-star Dixie Carter when Carter sided with the producers.  Delta Burke also gained a lot of weight and was made fun of by other TV comedy shows.

For heaven's sakes, I really did try to give Delta away. LOL

Designing Women was such a beautiful show because of that wonderful ensemble cast of women supported by the late, great Meshach Taylor and the legendary Alice Ghostley.

Plus I could never leave Gerald McRaney out because he's one of my favorite TV stars from the last 30 years.

Beautiful couple and they're still married!

Searching for hints for that one gave me a headache. While I'm searching for the Advil, I'll let Miles take over--