Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Is it Darryl Hickman and Pamela Lincoln?  Who? you say.  He was a very busy child actor in the forties and a very busy adult actor from the fifties to the nineties.  They were both in a horror movie called "The Tingler" in the late fifties.  She did make a few  movies, including "Tootsie", but she mainly appeared on some TV soap operas.

Daryl Hickman and Pamela Lincoln are the couple Miles. Yes, a very busy child actor and in some of our favorite classic movies. The Grapes of Wrath, Men of Boys Town, Leave Her To Heaven, The Human Comedy, Keeper of The Flame, The Strange Loves of Martha Ivers are just some of the great films Daryl was in.

Yes, Pamela Lincoln was in Tootsie. She was in over 200 episodes of the soap opera The Doctors.  Daryl and Pamela met while they were both in William Castle's The Tingler starring Vincent Price. Thanks for the guess Princess, Miles it's your thread.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This next couple were married for a relatively short period.  Both were born outside of the United States, but few people knew that he was foreign born.  He was an athletic actor who made a lot of action films that were usually set in rather exotic locales.

She was a Latin American actress who specialized in comedies.  Some of her movies have been shown on TCM fairly recently, on Saturdays.

That's not a lot of clues, but it should be enough for avid TCM fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

This next couple were married for a relatively short period.  Both were born outside of the United States, but few people knew that he was foreign born.  He was an athletic actor who made a lot of action films that were usually set in rather exotic locales.

She was a Latin American actress who specialized in comedies.  Some of her movies have been shown on TCM fairly recently, on Saturdays.

That's not a lot of clues, but it should be enough for avid TCM fans.

You're talking about the one and only Lupe Velez. The Mexican Spitfire, who was also a Broadway star.

And she was married to the one and only Tarzan: Johnny Weissmuller.

Weismuller was from an ethnically German family and born in the Hungarian part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire before World War I. 

Miles, that was a terrific International couple question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next:

She was a distinguished English actress of stage and screen when she came to Hollywood and appeared in movies starring Cary Grant and Joan Crawford.

She also had popular success on the radio and in early television.

He was an Oscar award-winning foreign-born actor, renown for character roles, but also starring ones as well.

He appeared in films with Ingrid Bergman and Joan Fontaine.

Both have been featured performers in Alfred Hitchcock films.

When you identify this acting couple, please also list at least one film for each.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swithin said:

Could the couple be George Sanders and Benita Hume? If so, he was in Lloyds of London; she was in Balaclava (and in a couple of films directed by Alfred Hitchcock).

Swith-- That is indeed so.

Two of the Hitchcock movies were:

Benita in "Easy Virtue".

And George in "Foreign Correspondent".

Swith-- Your turn.....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This couple was British and enjoyed a long career on stage and screen. He appeared in many of the best loved English films, including three in a row. Later in his career, he appeared in a major supporting role in a BBC miniseries. She appeared in an Oscar-winning Best Picture.  Her sister was the first wife of one of Hollywood's most beloved actors.

Who are this couple?  Name one of his most popular films; name the Oscar-winning film she appeared in; and name her sister and her sister's first husband.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 9:16 AM, Swithin said:

This couple was British and enjoyed a long career on stage and screen. He appeared in many of the best loved English films, including three in a row. Later in his career, he appeared in a major supporting role in a BBC miniseries. She appeared in an Oscar-winning Best Picture.  Her sister was the first wife of one of Hollywood's most beloved actors.

Who are this couple?  Name one of his most popular films; name the Oscar-winning film she appeared in; and name her sister and her sister's first husband.

 

He was known for his  distinctive voice.  His famous three-films-in-a-row were made for the same creative team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger Livesey co-starred in the classic Powell and Pressburger film "I Know Where I'm Going", co-starring with Wendy Hiller. He also appeared in two other classic films from that production duo.

His wife, Ursula Jeans, appeared in the Hollywood film "Cavalcade", which won an Oscar(1933).

Her sister, Isabel Jeans, has gone down in movie musical history as Gigi's mentoring Aunt Alicia in the movie "Gigi", which also won the Oscar( 1958). Isabel's first husband was Hollywood acting legend Claude Rains.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Roger Livesey co-starred in the classic Powell and Pressburger film "I Know Where I'm Going", co-starring with Wendy Hiller. He also appeared in two other classic films from that production duo.

His wife, Ursula Jeans, appeared in the Hollywood film "Cavalcade", which won an Oscar(1933).

Her sister, Isabel Jeans, has gone down in movie musical history as Gigi's mentoring Aunt Alicia in the movie "Gigi", which also won the Oscar( 1958). Isabel's first husband was Hollywood acting legend Claude Rains.

 

 

On 11/22/2020 at 8:16 AM, Swithin said:

This couple was British and enjoyed a long career on stage and screen. He appeared in many of the best loved English films, including three in a row. Later in his career, he appeared in a major supporting role in a BBC miniseries. She appeared in an Oscar-winning Best Picture.  Her sister was the first wife of one of Hollywood's most beloved actors.

Who are this couple?  Name one of his most popular films; name the Oscar-winning film she appeared in; and name her sister and her sister's first husband.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Roger Livesey co-starred in the classic Powell and Pressburger film "I Know Where I'm Going", co-starring with Wendy Hiller. He also appeared in two other classic films from that production duo.

His wife, Ursula Jeans, appeared in the Hollywood film "Cavalcade", which won an Oscar(1933).

Her sister, Isabel Jeans, has gone down in movie musical history as Gigi's mentoring Aunt Alicia in the movie "Gigi", which also won the Oscar( 1958). Isabel's first husband was Hollywood acting legend Claude Rains.

 

Right you are, Princess. And the late career performance by Roger Livesey in a BBC miniseries, also on Masterpiece Theater, was as the Duke of St. Bungay in The Pallisers. (Which at 26 episodes was actually not so mini. RL was in 18 of them.)

Your thread. And happy Thanksgiving!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Right you are, Princess. And the late career performance by Roger Livesey in a BBC miniseries, also on Masterpiece Theater, was as the Duke of St. Bungay in The Pallisers. (Which at 26 episodes was actually not so mini. RL was in 18 of them.)

Your thread. And happy Thanksgiving!

 

Swith-- I simply loved Wendy Hiller in that movie- -

And Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next:

This Classic Hollywood couple was unique.

He was one of the founders and owners of a legendary Hollywood landmark, which was immortalized on "I Love Lucy".

A remnant of that Landmark is something edible, which is still popular today.

She was the tall, dark Beautiful Other Woman or vixen in dozens of classic comedies and dramas.

With the Advent of television, she became one of the pioneering female icons, but not in front of the camera.

When you identify this Classic Hollywood couple, please also name his Landmark, one of her classic films and her association with classic TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

This Classic Hollywood couple was unique.

He was one of the founders and owners of a legendary Hollywood landmark, which was immortalized on "I Love Lucy".

A remnant of that Landmark is something edible, which is still popular today.

She was the tall, dark Beautiful Other Woman or vixen in dozens of classic comedies and dramas.

With the Advent of television, she became one of the pioneering female icons, but not in front of the camera.

When you identify this Classic Hollywood couple, please also name his Landmark, one of her classic films and her association with classic TV.

Robert ( Bob) Cobb, founder and owner of the Brown Derby  and Gail Patrick. Gail Patrick was the producer for tv's Perry Mason, she was in My Man Godfrey and My Favorite Wife.  I Love a Cobb Salad named after Robert 
Cobb.  The  hilarious Brown Derby episode with Bill Holden is one of my favorite episodes on I Love Lucy. btw Princess, Happy Thanksgiving :)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Robert ( Bob) Cobb, founder and owner of the Brown Derby  and Gail Patrick. Gail Patrick was the producer for tv's Perry Mason, she was in My Man Godfrey and My Favorite Wife.  I Love a Cobb Salad named after Robert 
Cobb.  The  hilarious Brown Derby episode with Bill Holden is one of my favorite episodes on I Love Lucy. btw Princess, Happy Thanksgiving :)

 

 

Lav, excellent answer and I don't know if I've ever had a Cobb Salad.  But I guess I should try one.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and I'm looking forward to your next question.....:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Thanks, Princess. Cobb Salad was a favorite of Jackie Kennedys 

Cobb Salad Recipe - Jessica Gavin

next

She was a multiple Emmy Award winner and won a Tony Award. She was a film and tv actress besides Broadway. She was in some famous  films. She starred in 2 long running hit  tv series. 

He was an actor, director and producer. He won an Emmy for directing an episode of a  tv drama.  He appeared in films and tv and also starred in a long running tv series.

They had an over 2 decade marriage but it ended in divorce. Couple and name tv shows and films for both ?????????

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

The only married couple I could think of who might fit the clue are Tyne Daly and Georg Stanford (sp?) Brown.  They both played cops.  He was on The Rookies and she was on Cagney & Lacy (sp?).  They were married to each other at the time.  I know Rookies was in the 1970's, unsure about C&L.

Excellent Chaya. The couple is Tyne Daly and George Stanford Brown. Cagney and Lacey ran for 7 years 1981-1988. Her other hit show was Judging Amy. She co-starred with Clint in the movie The Enforcer. She won her Tony for the re-do of Gypsy. She won 6 Emmy's. She played a cop on Cagney and Lacey.

George Stanford Brown's hit show was the 1970's tv show The Rookies. He played a cop on the show. He won an Emmy for directing an episode of Cagney and Lacey. He was in Stir Crazy and Bullit. He was in North and South and Roots and Roots The Next Generation, he played the same character role in the 2 Roots.

They were married for 24 years have3 kids, but did divorce.

Good work Chaya, now it is your turn to post one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

She was a very popular TV actress, although she also did movies.  She is remembered for a particular role she played.  He was a film actor (received Oscar nomination but never won).  Their marriage didn't last long.  I'll give more clues shortly.

Chaya, it's time for a clue

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...