Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies available on DVD?

dnmorgan

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to buy the following movies, but I've looked everywhere with no success - does anyone know if they are available to buy on DVD, and if so, where can they be bought from?

• The Devil Thumbs a Ride (RKO, 1947), staring Lawrence Tierney
  • The Sniper (Columbia, 1952), staring Adolphe Menjou

I hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Welcome to the message boards.

THE SNIPER was released on DVD by Sony (which controls the Columbia catalogue) in 2009. It's on a disc with four other Columbia noir called Film Noir Classics 1. I checked Shop TCM, and they do not have it. But you can rent it on ClassicFlix.

The other film you mentioned, THE DEVIL THUMBS A RIDE, is controlled by Warners and it has not been put out on disc yet. I don't remember seeing it on TCM, which means there may be a legal rights issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the message boards.

THE SNIPER was released on DVD by Sony (which controls the Columbia catalogue) in 2009. It's on a disc with four other Columbia noir called Film Noir Classics 1. I checked Shop TCM, and they do not have it. But you can rent it on ClassicFlix.

The other film you mentioned, THE DEVIL THUMBS A RIDE, is controlled by Warners and it has not been put out on disc yet. I don't remember seeing it on TCM, which means there may be a legal rights issue. 

Interesting, someone  on IMBD mentioned the film was going to be on Friday,07/22/2005, at 11:15 PM....I wonder if it did air?

Interesting, someone  on IMBD mentioned the film was going to be on Friday,07/22/2005, at 11:15 PM....I wonder if it did air?

I have records of The Sniper (1952) being scheduled several times, the first was 2007-02, and the most recent 2016-03. 

The Devil Thumbs a Ride (1947) I have as being scheduled in 2001-05 and 2005-07.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings