Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bobhopefan1940

~ The Sand Man ~ (Fred Astaire Favorites)

This cutie of ours could be singing "My Eyes Adore You" in that fab photo !

Robert seemed to like being away from the humdrum Army life because of his pixie-like anti-social behaviour ! ;) He looked quite happy behind "bars" except when he was in Rita's company and back again ! He seemed to have a nag of getting into trouble without ever worrying about the consequences of his actions.

I agree the story is not really all that great BUT it is FA I look at !!!! :x :x:x

Please, Danny, do tell us what you thought of the film and which were your best scenes.

Kind regards,

Julie

Thanks so much for all the info on the film and the photos, how fantastic! :x I can't wait to see it tonight! I get to see FA's bare legs? Well, this really will be something I need to pay close attention to. I actually don't Hayworth that much, either, greer. I will be sure to try to give it a look tonight... Thanks for all the replies, hope everyone is well. I go back to school tonight :( Darn.

Hi, Danny !

Do you go back to school before after the film ? If before, you have something to look forward to; if after, you will have something to look back on and smile with delight ! ;)

I just adore the way FA walks in with the towel and the way he gets up to the weighing machine shaking because he has been asked to take his ("weighty") hat off ! :x I hope you will record the film because you will want to see it again for the best bits ;)

All The Best,

Julie :D

Nice photo. He really wears a uniform well, doesn't he?

He was so slim, he could really pull off that military look, especially a pilot, IMHO.

b

Oh, boy!

I'm definately going to record it, I cannot weight to see this one... I just officially went back to school this evening (and have just gotten home). But I get out within the next few weeks, for summer! :)

Can't wait to give my thoughts on the film tomorrow...

Danny

I saw the movie! :x :x :x You know, FA is quite small but has a very muscular physique! Loved all of his dances in the guardhouse, he was so adorable in his uniform... I don't get into Rita much but I enjoyed her in this one. Does anyone know what Fred's weight was while filming this one? I was wondering how he compared to Frank Sinatra, and who was smaller (Frank was SO tiny in the 40's!).

:)

FA usually weighed about 135 to 140 pounds, but Bing Crosby said he got down to about 125 while working on "Let's Say it With Firecrackers" during the filming of Holiday Inn.

In the '40s when people were making constant jokes about Frankie disappearing behind a microphone, he weighed about 120.

I find that people sometimes mix Fred and Frank, which I guess is the reason for the mistake in TCM's Rita Hayworth poll!

Could someone clear my mind and tell me which film he did his "sand" number? Was it from "The Belle Of New York"?

HELLO !

I feel like I am visiting a ghost town ! Is there anybody out there ?

What has happened to this marvellous site of late ? Can we get it rolling again ? Ofcourse we can.

Anyway, I miss my chats about Mr.Gorgeous and his films.

Kind regards,

HELLO !

I feel like I am visiting a ghost town ! Is there anybody out there ?

What has happened to this marvellous site of late ? Can we get it rolling again ? Ofcourse we can.

Anyway, I miss my chats about Mr.Gorgeous and his films.

Kind regards,

What has happened ?

Is this site still alive ?

Is Mr.Gorgeous out of favour ?

Kind regards,

Julie

PS: I miss you guys.