Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zabriskie Point (1970)

TCM has scheduled this Antonioni movie for later in the year.

Not that it's a great movie or anything, but I believe it's one that TCM has refused to run in the past, so this is what I would call a wonderful development.

• Like 1

I thought I HAD seen it on TCM, but not sure now.

It had a BIG build-up when it came out, and I never got around to seeing it then, but I do recall that many years later when I finally did, I was SO disappointed I try to FORGET I ever wasted my time sitting through it.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I thought I HAD seen it on TCM, but not sure now.

It had a BIG build-up when it came out, and I never got around to seeing it then, but I do recall that many years later when I finally did, I was SO disappointed I try to FORGET I ever wasted my time sitting through it.

Critics hated it too, back in 1970.

Getting a fair bit of re-appraisal now. It's risen about 10 points these past couple of years in IMDb's ratings - up to about a 7.2 last time I checked and garnering some very much more laudatory comment than in times passed.

• Like 1

I love Zabriskie Point.  I was a bit indifferent when I first saw it in 1981, but watching it again a few years ago I was transfixed by it.  It is stunningly beautiful and the amateurishness of the leads really works for it, in my opinion.  I think the critics were stuck on it being a foreigner's take on things he didn't really have first hand knowledge of, but looking at it today, when it all seems  so foreign and long ago, a foreigner's take seems appropriate.  I hope they get a good copy, but the regular dvd really looks amazing.  I think if you go in with moderate expectations, you might be pleasantly surprised, particularly in light of what a spectacular failure it was considered at the time.  I don't know why TCM wouldn't show it.  They've certainly shown much racier-- I Am Curious (Yellow) anyone?

• Like 1