Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies Coming in the Next Few Months on TCM

darkblue

As we're no longer permitted to have threads about specific monthly schedules without being forced to post in one specific member's thread, this thread will be an ongoing discussion of upcoming scheduling over the coming months. As long as TCM has released it, the programming can be discussed here - whether it's for September, October, November, December - any month that's in the future to what the current month is.

So, those who have done us all the service of posting brand new schedules as they become available can now do so in this thread going forward.

So as of right now, if anybody wants to comment upon any scheduling in September or October or November or any other month to come, why not do it in this thread?

• Like 6

I was very happy to see in the latest schedule released that we will have the opportunity to see all 3 movies in the Harry Palmer trilogy. He was the thinking man's bespectacled spy played by Michael Caine back in the 60's.

We have already had the first and third installments of the trilogy (The Ipcress File and The Billion Dollar Brain) but I'm delighted to see the 2nd one at last scheduled here at TCM. That would be 'Funeral in Berlin' (1966).

All 3 are to be shown on the same night, in order, one after the other.

• Like 3

For reference purposes:

September Schedule: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/September2016.html

October Schedule: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/October2016.html

November Schedule: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/Nov2016.html

Thank you, SansFin.

That was gonna be my next post - bringing those schedules into the thread. I appreciate you doing it for me - for all of us!

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but I don't think I understand what the rules are.  In the past individual message board users would make a new thread such as "Hey everyone the January schedule just got posted" including the link and then we would all make comments on this schedule using the new thread.  So are we not supposed to do that any more?

The only reason I can think of for precluding such threads would be if there is a concern about repeatedly creating a similar thread every month when another new schedule is announced.  Please let me know if this is correct or if there is anything else I am missing.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes or get anyone in trouble, just wanted to understand what the conventions are.

Regardless, thanks for setting up an alternative means for discussing the topic.

• Like 2

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but I don't think I understand what the rules are.  In the past individual message board users would make a new thread such as "Hey everyone the January schedule just got posted" including the link and then we would all make comments on this schedule using the new thread.  So are we not supposed to do that any more?

The only reason I can think of for precluding such threads would be if there is a concern about repeatedly creating a similar thread every month when another new schedule is announced.  Please let me know if this is correct or if there is anything else I am missing.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes or get anyone in trouble, just wanted to understand what the conventions are.

Regardless, thanks for setting up an alternative means for discussing the topic.

This time, the "November Schedule Is Now Up" thread was disallowed. It was merged with an entirely different thread about the star of the month in an entirely different forum.

This is a problem for me personally, as I would never have agreed to post in that star of the month thread and had posted in the November Schedule is Now Up thread (as we always have in the past for October, September, August back to infinity).

So, because of this new development, I've established this thread to be a permanent and ongoing thread for discussing all the programming for upcoming months - once we become aware what the programming is to be.

I had never planned to create a thread like this - it's a response to the disallowance of our customary thread titles (like the kind you described) for newly released schedules.

• Like 3

Just clicked on all of the links that SansFin had provided below and found that November was not filled in.

So here's the schedules for the upcoming 3 months:

September 1-30 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/September2016.html

October 1-31 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/October2016.html

November 1-7 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2016-11-01

November 8-14 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2016-11-08

November 15-21 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2016-11-15

November 22-28 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2016-11-22

November 29-30 http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2016-11-29

Feel free to post December's weeks in this thread whenever they become available.

Just clicked on all of the links that SansFin had provided below and found that November was not filled in.

The schedule for a complete month seems to first appear on a temporary page. This temporary page is denoted by the name of the month being abbreviated in url. That was the url I originally posted. The permanent page has the name of the month spelled properly in url. I have edited my post so as to present url for permanent page.

I do not understand the procedures followed at TCM for posting schedules. It is common that complete-month-schedule appears a few days after week-schedules. It often happens for a considerable time that the complete-month-schedule will be populated or empty depending on time of day. It may be that they take the schedule down each time they wish to change/refine it. 

I am sad to say that I have not had adequate time to study October and November schedules. My quick scans of each month did not result in any titles jumping out at me. I was slightly disheartened when scanning November schedule when I saw a title begin with the word "Brass" and then found it was not followed by "Bottle". 

The schedule for a complete month seems to first appear on a temporary page. This temporary page is denoted by the name of the month being abbreviated in url. That was the url I originally posted. The permanent page has the name of the month spelled properly in url. I have edited my post so as to present url for permanent page.

I do not understand the procedures followed at TCM for posting schedules. It is common that complete-month-schedule appears a few days after week-schedules. It often happens for a considerable time that the complete-month-schedule will be populated or empty depending on time of day. It may be that they take the schedule down each time they wish to change/refine it. 

I am sad to say that I have not had adequate time to study October and November schedules. My quick scans of each month did not result in any titles jumping out at me. I was slightly disheartened when scanning November schedule when I saw a title begin with the word "Brass" and then found it was not followed by "Bottle". 

Ah, yes - that would be 'Brass Target'.

I'd be interested in a movie about brass monkeys.

Well I need a thread of "upcoming months" to help decide what to record. I'm just about to make my list for September (full of really great movies, I've just seen so many of these already) and have several already chosen for October;

9/21 GOOD HUMOR MAN
10/1 TWO GUYS FROM TEXAS I'm recording all these Jack Carson fluffs. They are pretty funny & I love any opportunity to see fave Jack Carson be his lovable goofy self. (although wasn't he great in CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF?)

10/3 THE WARRIORS  A Flynn I've never seen! Even if it's not his best, it's got ERROL FLYNN in it.

10/11 LILAC TIME Stars the wonderful Colleen Moore! Moore is fairly rare on TCM, a pity. I've never seen a Colleen Moore movie that wasn't entertaining & clever.

10/15 THE CHALK GARDEN A Hayley Mills movie I've never seen. Hayley elevates anything she's in.

I love this thread, it really helps guide me to movies I've never heard of...especially when described, like "the Harry Palmer Trilogy" above.
So thanks in advance for contributing!
  • Like 3

Well, our Moderator1 has graciously admitted that it was a mistaken merging, as the following post was placed in another thread:

Please accept my apologies for the merge of the two threads. 

At first glance, they appeared to be the same topic. On further examination, I see that they were not. 

Unfortunately, we have no way to undo a merge, or we would do that for you. The new thread that was started looks like it might work well. But also, you are most certainly welcome to start a new one for each specific monthly schedule. 

Thank you!

So, it appears that our usual monthly procedure for posting and discussing brand new schedule releases has not come to an end after all.

And so, there will be no further need of this thread - may it sink to the bottom with dignity and fond remembrance.

Back to our customary monthly!

Then again, as TikiSoo says, this thread of 3-month out schedules may not be such a bad thing to keep up - so maybe we'll do that in addition to the "New Schedule is Up" monthlies.

"Harry Palmer"?!

Not to be confused with his reprobate nephew, "Hairy" Palmer.

I was very happy to see in the latest schedule released that we will have the opportunity to see all 3 movies in the Harry Palmer trilogy. He was the thinking man's bespectacled spy played by Michael Caine back in the 60's.

We have already had the first and third installments of the trilogy (The Ipcress File and The Billion Dollar Brain) but I'm delighted to see the 2nd one at last scheduled here at TCM. That would be 'Funeral in Berlin' (1966).

All 3 are to be shown on the same night, in order, one after the other.

On Saturday November 19 - same night as 'Zabriskie Point'.

Here he is:

220px-Funeral_in_berlin.jpg

Well I need a thread of "upcoming months" to help decide what to record. I'm just about to make my list for September (full of really great movies, I've just seen so many of these already) and have several already chosen for October;

9/21 GOOD HUMOR MAN
10/1 TWO GUYS FROM TEXAS I'm recording all these Jack Carson fluffs. They are pretty funny & I love any opportunity to see fave Jack Carson be his lovable goofy self. (although wasn't he great in CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF?)

10/3 THE WARRIORS  A Flynn I've never seen! Even if it's not his best, it's got ERROL FLYNN in it.

10/11 LILAC TIME Stars the wonderful Colleen Moore! Moore is fairly rare on TCM, a pity. I've never seen a Colleen Moore movie that wasn't entertaining & clever.

10/15 THE CHALK GARDEN A Hayley Mills movie I've never seen. Hayley elevates anything she's in.

I love this thread, it really helps guide me to movies I've never heard of...especially when described, like "the Harry Palmer Trilogy" above.
So thanks in advance for contributing!

My wifde says Chalk Garden is great with Haley Mills.

TikiSoo--there are four films with Flynn coming in Sept.: don't know if you've seem them or not.

Sept. 10th "The Master of Ballantrae" (1953)--One of Flynn's last swashbucklers.

Sept. 17th "Footsteps in the Dark" (1941)--Mystery-comedy with Flynn--silly but watchable.

Sept. 20th "Northern Pursuit" (1943)--WW II actioner I haven't seen.

Sept. 24th "Gentleman Jim" (1942)--Another Flynn I haven't seen.

TikiSoo--there are four films with Flynn coming in Sept.: don't know if you've seem them or not.

Sept. 10th "The Master of Ballantrae" (1953)--One of Flynn's last swashbucklers.

Sept. 17th "Footsteps in the Dark" (1941)--Mystery-comedy with Flynn--silly but watchable.

Sept. 20th "Northern Pursuit" (1943)--WW II actioner I haven't seen.

Sept. 24th "Gentleman Jim" (1942)--Another Flynn I haven't seen.

I love "Gentleman Jim" ! You're in for a real treat.

I also love "Footsteps in the Dark." Yes it is silly and Brenda Marshall is bland, especially in comparison to Flynn, but the film is fun and Errol looks as gorgeous as always. I like the scenes where Flynn disguises his Australian accent and tries to affect a Texas drawl. He says all kinds of ridiculous cowboy phrases that are funny.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings