Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recognition For Propaganda In WWII

Palmerin

What recognition did people like Curtiz, Henreid, Lorre, Reagan, Veidt, and Wayne receive for their propaganda work during WWII? Was there a decoration specifically intended for that purpose?

For one thing, they got commissions in the military.  Of course, so did industrial leaders who took on "military" war production jobs.

Well, I THINK I heard they all got both extra gasoline rationing cards AND an extra special booth at the Brown Derby until just after V-J Day.

(...but don't quote me on this)

;)

Don't forget they also got a case of vodka and free tickets to the Bolshoi theater.

What recognition did people like Curtiz, Henreid, Lorre, Reagan, Veidt, and Wayne receive for their propaganda work during WWII? Was there a decoration specifically intended for that purpose?

Wayne was able to trade propaganda work for actual service.       :blink:     

I just got in a print of an excellent instructional short with Ronald Reagan, Craig Stevens, Harvey Stephens and narrated by Art Gilmore.  RECOGNITION OF THE JAPANESE ZERO FIGHTER.  Aside from being well written, both instructionally and dramatically, it was extremely well photographed and directed.  Uncredited as director is Bernard Vorhaus, who was later blacklisted.  A really well done two-reeler.  It's on youtube.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings