Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Walking My Baby Back Home"

What do you think of Donald O'Connor's dancing technique in "Walking My Baby Back Home" as to that of Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly in any of their routines?

I like it. He's simply wonderful-- and I think he's just as good as the other guys you mention.

It's nice seeing a thread about this film. Janet Leigh used to tell people she was so glad she had a chance to be in this film-- because during her years at MGM, they never put her in musicals. She had to be loaned out to Universal for this one to do a musical. (And she also made another musical at RKO on loanout.)

• Like 1

I'm glad to see a discussion of this movie.  I've heard of it but have never seen it.  

Probably a lot of people have seen a portion of it, in a 1970s episode of Columbo. Janet Leigh played an old reclusive star who kept watching her favorite movie over and over (and this is the one they used, because it was one of Leigh's favorites). In the episode she kept referring to it as WALKING MY BABY (dropping the last two words from the title). Universal produced the film as well as Peter Falk's series.