Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what happened to a thread

Arturo

So the moderator decided to combine a thread in General Discussion with another, apparently similarly named, in another forum. Why was this done? There are similar threads here in two or more forums (fori?) All the time, even as we speak.

That thread had.just been renamed by the OP, so it seems unfair and unnecessary all around that the two.would be merged,.especially since not everyone goes to all the forums.

The obvious solution is for all of us to change thread names as often as possible. For instance, I am considering changing my Tor Johnson thread to something more relevant, like "Hillary Clinton - Take 5489."

If it were my forum, I would lock all thread titles after 24 hours.  No exceptions.  Gives even the most inept poster enough time to figure out whatever it is they are doing.

• Like 2

So the moderator decided to combine a thread in General Discussion with another, apparently similarly named, in another forum. Why was this done? There are similar threads here in two or more forums (fori?) All the time, even as we speak.

That thread had.just been renamed by the OP, so it seems unfair and unnecessary all around that the two.would be merged,.especially since not everyone goes to all the forums.

The moderator has done this before,  fairly often.     They place a post indicating they are doing this.  

I see nothing 'unfair' about it.    People need to learn to go to other forums or just use the 'view new content' option.

The moderator has done this before,  fairly often.     They place a post indicating they are doing this.  

I see nothing 'unfair' about it.    People need to learn to go to other forums or just use the 'view new content' option.

Now, james - we've been posting a new "Schedules Up" thread every month forever here in General Discussions. They have been enormously popular and people love to make their thoughts known each month after they get that initial perusing done.

It's the tradition.

Taking it and joining it to some lame Star of the Month thread was a slap in the face to that longstanding tradition we've had - and the creator of that star thing is a member who's threads many of us wouldn't post in with a gun to our heads. When I posted to the 'November is Up' thread, you better believe I was aghast to find my posts moved somewhere where I would never have gone.

It's so disturbing that I've found it necessary to create a brand new thread for the posting of new schedules and the discussion of them going forward so that nothing like this ever happens again. Remains to be seen, though. Others may not mind being forced into a different thread, but I can attest that there are somewhere between 20 and 30 veteran members who will not post in that other thread willingly.

• Like 5

Guest TCMModerator1

Please accept my apologies for the merge of the two threads. 

At first glance, they appeared to be the same topic. On further examination, I see that they were not. 

Unfortunately, we have no way to undo a merge, or we would do that for you. The new thread that was started looks like it might work well. But also, you are most certainly welcome to start a new one for each specific monthly schedule. 

Thank you!

I wonder who complained aka brought it to the moderator's attention.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings