Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sick of the TCM Promos

My "favorite thing (not) is how the "News of the Month" has de-evolved into simply being a place to put more promos!  "It's time to consign (the TCM/Bonham auction) + The Wine Club (again) are being presented as "August Movie News."  It's absolutely laughable. Hmmm.  How about the "News of the Month" promoting vintage film festivals, vintage theatre restorations or other events of interest that TCM does NOT make money from???  

Yes, yes, yes!  I just saw this "promo" and under the title of "events" was the sales pitch for the Wine Club.  This is an insult to all of us.

If they REALLY wanted to get involved in the classic move "space," they might have helped promote CapitolFest in Rome, NY, which does an amazing job of exhibiting early silents and sound films once a year, most of which are shown on 35mm film, not video.  Ditto the George Eastman House and many others.  These are the organizations which they should highlight!  Can you imagine what that sort of exposure could do for a small, struggling charitable organization run by people who truly care about early films?

Grow a set, TCM, and start (more like, go back to...) doing the right film for all film lovers and organizations!

• Like 1

LOL

anyone remember the time TCM used to sponsor the Young Composers Contest, when they had new composers submit original music scores for silent films??

Aaaah, the good old days! ;)

When I saw that, it was too late - I was going to give it a shot.

Yes, yes, yes!  I just saw this "promo" and under the title of "events" was the sales pitch for the Wine Club.  This is an insult to all of us.

This is TCM's version of PASSAGE TO MARSEILLE or THE LOCKET. Those films had flashbacks within flashbacks within flashbacks. These are promos within promos, just wait, there's another sub-level coming.

• Like 1

When I saw that, it was too late - I was going to give it a shot.

Didn't know you had musical aspirations, Kid.

(...which reminds me...I had an aspirations once, but the doctor gave me one of those inhalator thingies and now that's all in the past, and I'm MUCH better now days)