Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest POWELL, BRANDON

I NEED A REALLY FUNNY WILLIAM POWELL MOVIE

Guest POWELL, BRANDON

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME. . .PLEASE DO. I'M IN THE MOOD TO WATCH A REALLY FUNNY WILLIAM POWELL MOVIE. . .SINCE HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS OF ALL TIME. I ALREADY HAVE WATCHED ALL OF THE "THIN MAN" MOVIES AND "MY MAN GODFREY" AND "MR. ROBERTS" CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ONE I HAVEN'T SEEN? THANKS BP

Guest olmsted, l

Brandon, I always like LIFE WITH FATHER with Irene Dunne. The two of them are hilarious and Powell plays the part of an overbearing, stern father perfectly.

Guest Rowley, Stephen

Try: LIBELED LADY with Spencer Tracy, Jean Harlow and Myrna Loy DOUBLE WEDDING or LOVE CRAZY with Myrna Loy HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE - Powell isn't in it much, but he is in it JEWEL ROBBERY, though not on video, is a great comedy and is shown every now and then on TCM

Guest Alix

JEWEL ROBBERY is a great movie! Look for it, it comes up on the TCM schedule every once in awhile. Another excellent movie is LOVE CRAZY with William Powell and Myrna Loy.

Guest Nascimento, Daniel

Brandon, a few more William Powell movies, which I liked: I Love You Again (1940), The Ex Mrs. Bradford (1936), and Star of Midnight (1935). Happy hunting.

Guest TRIXIE

BRANDON, FOR WILLIAM POWELL MOVIES, CHECK OUT "Double Wedding" (1937) & "Love Crazy" (1941) - BOTH ARE WORTH A LOOK-SEE! TRIXIE

Guest MarkG

I would have to agree that "Life With Father" is hilarious, easily the funniest Powell film, even funnier than "The Thin Man". It was so funny everytime any mention was made of him being baptized, he seemed as if he wanted to crawl right out of his skin at the thought of it!