Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
thaellar

Katharine Hepburn Tribute Movies?

It is Thursday, July 10th all day. There should be an icon for the list of movies on the TCM homepage.

This is a little off topic... Does TCM not have State of the Union or The Last Hurrah in their library anymore? I can't find either of them using the online search.

I believe that both "State of the Union" and "The Last Hurrah" are in the TCM library. I know that I have seen both in the past year or so on the channel.

In regards to The Last Hurrah, if its the 1958 version your talking about, its from Columbia Pictures. State of the Union, it appears to be owned by Universal. At least, that's who released the video.

The one day I was hoping that they wouldn't run the Hepburn Tribute turned out to be the day! I was eagerly anticipating for two months now, June 10th so I could watch the movies scheduled for the John Gilbert birthday celebration. In particular I have been wanting to catch He Who Gets Slapped for year's now. I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD in October. Bummer!

In regards to both "State of the Union" (1948) (***1/2) & the superb all Irish 1958 "Last Hurrah" The former was originally M-G-M-(but it's unlikely the same on video? & the latter in which *Spence actually meant it to be his finis! He started with *John Ford & figured he'd end-it with him also. It was his 68th film. & A DANDY AS WELL!!! But she's correct Columbia orig. released-it!) A little Ironic/trivia for you fans! *Spencer Tracy died in June as well!? June 10th, 1967 to be exact. *Katharine Hepburn had the most & as it should be! Private funeral,etc I can recall-(Even recently, couple yrs. ago to be exact. They re-buried Garbo's ashes in Stockholm, Sweden) However *Kate's mother, father,,etc I pretty certain were interred in C.T.

4-got to answer your question? Yes, both of those pix are on Video! I'm 100 per cent positive & they are also on TCM quite a bit. "Last Hurrah," more then "State of the Union"-(which was a touchy set! Adolph Menjou had named, names & snitched on several in the community & *Tracy & *Hepburn were head of Hollywood contigent that went to Washington to protest!!!)