Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spirits of the Dead (1968)

Kid Dabb

I hadn't made it more than 3 minutes into the movie before my first thought screamed "is this is a Bob Guccione - Penthouse Production!?"

Of course, it isn't. But the first story sure does give off that vibe. I kept expecting everyone to disrobe and fling themselves into a bisexual οrgy of some kind.

The performances suκ. Whether this is by direction I can't tell. This is an excellent example of why I don't like to delve into films of this era.

I'm enjoying the last story's award ceremony. It's very honest and straightforward. 

The end segment of this last story is described in the TCMDb overview as: 

He gets drunk and leaves the party, roaring off in the Maserati; attempting to jump over a ruined bridge and muttering, "Let the Devil take my head off if I don't make the jump," Toby is decapitated by a wire strung across his path. The girl nonchalantly picks up his head.

.. but I didn't see or hear that last line being spoken - just a maniacal laugh. And we didn't get to see the decapitation.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings