Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wheel123

TCM Review = Turnabout (1940)

a cute movie about a couple who fight alot, and each think the other has it better. they each wish they could change places and a golden buddha in bedroom grants their wish.

of course after they switch a bunch of funny situations happen. john hubbard, the husband, did a awesome job acting like a woman. donald meek the butler was great, and does a good job as he tries to handle the household. a live baby bear makes a appearance, and when meek tries to capture, its just plain funny.

credit must go to the editor of the movie for dubbing the voices of each to the other.

if you enjoy goofy movies with a story that moves well, you might enjoy tunabout. i did

on my scale of 1-5, i give it a 3 for a first time viewer

You're right about the sound editor and the great job done with voice sync. I've never heard of this film and got it while flipping through my cable preview guide. This film is laugh out loud hilarious and found out later that it had been part of a TCM body swap theme night and I unfortunately missed the other films shown earlier, but I'm glad I was able to catch "Turnabaout".