Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could be in any classic movie.....

Hey there, movielover11!

Hmmm... Let me think. Actually, I would want to have a part in My Man Godfrey, but not Carole Lombard's role... I would want the maid Molly's part. I liked her lines, and that way I could be free to watch Lombard and Powell work.

After seeing Charade, I think it would be a blast to play Audrey Hepburn's role... So much fun!

But of all the roles in history, I would want to be in Joan Crawford's shoes in The Last of Mrs. Cheney... ;)

I'd like to be Nora Charles in The Thin man movies!

P.S. Other choices:

Myrna Loy's character in MANHATTAN MELODRAMA---to be pursued by both Gable and Powell!

Or....Any girl who gets to ride off into the sunset with Gary Cooper by the end of the movie. ;)

Message was edited by:

MissGoddess

I'd like to dance like Cyd Charisse, and wisecrack like Thelma Ritter.

I think it would be fun to be in a screwball comedy -- I'd like to be one of the screwier ones.

And I'd like to just be in the same room with Laurel & Hardy, and be, even in the background, of any Walter Brennan scene.

bobhopefan - that's a great one!

I think my choice would be my favorite movie and answer to almost every question...The Gay Divorcee. I would probably choose Alice Brady's role - "What name did he know me by?" and get to dart around Europe in furs. I could never hope to be Ginger! But I would settle for being an extra who is dining and dancing at the The Mabel..or was it the Nellie? Oh, The Bella Vista. That's what I said in the first place.

This is a fun thread!

I would love to be Audrey Hepburn in "Charade" simply because she has a beautiful wardrobe. I know how weird that sounds, but she always looks fantastic and elegant, even when she's on the run for her life!

Myrna Loy in "I Love You Again" because of the whole lovebird cooing William Powell does to win her over. I always wondered how she managed to keep a straight face and not fall head over heels in love with him when he did that!

Joanne Woodward in "The Long Hot Summer". That whole scene where Paul Newman stands outside her bedroom door and calls her name? Oh my. What a lucky, lucky girl her character was.

And the weirdest one of all, Olivia de Havilland as Miriam Deering in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. I think it would just be fun to be a really, really bad girl for once in my life, and get to be held by Joseph Cotten, even if the ending is, um, unfortunate. I sure wouldn't want to be Bette Davis in that one!

I definitely agree with MissGoddess on being Nora Charles. I'd would love to be Nora! Oh my.......wow....William Powell has such a way with women. Lol. He makes me melt inside.

I'd love to be Audrey Hepburn in Love in the Afternoon with Gary Cooper. That ending scene with her hurrying alongside the train with him on it......*SIGH*....

Rita Hayworth in Gilda with Glenn Ford. Okay...I don't think Rita could have been any more beautiful than what she is in this movie. Oh my word. She's gorgeous. But besides that, I'm a fan of Glenn and "Gilda" is one of my favorite film noir films.

And of course....I'd just about do anything to be Joan Blondell in Footlight Parade alongside Jimmy Cagney. Oh my goodness.........it's like I can't peel my eyes from the TV screen whenever I watch that movie. Joan's character is SO cute, and she's pretty, and Jimmy....*sigh*...he's wonderful.

There's so many. I'd do almost anything to Jean Arthur or Olivia de Havilland in any of their films.

sugarpuss said:

Myrna Loy in "I Love You Again" because of the whole lovebird cooing William Powell does to win her over. I always wondered how she managed to keep a straight face and not fall head over heels in love with him when he did that!

*catches breath* Oh, what I would give to be cooed to by William Powell... That scene has to be one of my favorite Powell moments. That was the first time I ever saw him, and I fell in love.

> I think I would like to be one of the Spanish guys in

> the film ?Captain from Castile? (1947). I?d also like

> to be with Cortez?s during his original trip, one of

> the survivors.

Fred, methinks you are an adventurer at heart! Good choice!

Any Preston Sturges movie made during the time Preston owned "The Players" restaurant. First half of the 1940s. I hear Preston Sturges sometimes ended the shooting day at around noon and treated his fellow employees to meals and drinks from his restaurant.

Rusty

Message was edited by:

jarhfive