Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

uuwas-PD_bigger.jpg Daily Mail USVerified account @DailyMail 2h2 hours agoEmbed Tweet

Rescue teams take to Puerto Rico streets in darkness amid warnings that power could be out for months  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4902546/Maria-makes-landfall-Puerto-Rico-Cat-4-hurricane.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailuss 448D677500000578-4902546-image-a-59_1506

Hurricane Maria’s track shifts west and Tropical Storm Lee is back. What will we see in SC?

As of the National Hurricane Center’s 8 a.m. update, Hurricane Maria’s track has shifted as it has turned north, and now some parts of the U.S. eastern seaboard fall within its cone of uncertainty.

The storm is currently 340 east of Nassau, moving north-northwwest at 9 mph. It has maximum sustained winds of 120 mph, down somewhat from the 125 mph winds it was sporting yesterday, but still a Category 3 storm. Gusts have been measured up to around 150 mph.

this 2017 hurricane season ain't over until I use up my last box of beef-flavored rice-a-roni...

and I got a gallon milk container of water frozen in my freezer on standby for the big blow.

:D  

They are all set.  Movin' on.  Let's talk tax breaks for billionaires.

I think they oughta collect all the loose portable DVD players layin' around and distribute them to other states so they can be passed out at monthly food banks. maybe I'll get lucky. :D

@sarahkendzior

Sarah Kendzior Retweeted The Associated Press

Mayor of town in Puerto Rico: Our hospital is at capacity, people will start dying.

Why is our government not addressing this with urgency?

Sarah Kendzior added,

The Associated PressVerified account @AP

The Latest: Mayors to meet Puerto Rico's governor to plead for supplies in wake of Hurricane Maria.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Environmental Protection Agency says it has recovered 517 containers of “unidentified, potentially hazardous material” from highly contaminated toxic waste sites in Texas that flooded last month during Hurricane Harvey.

The agency has not provided details about which Superfund sites the material came from, why the contaminants at issue have not been identified and whether there’s a threat to human health.

The one-sentence disclosure about the 517 containers was made Friday night deep within a media release from the Federal Emergency Management Agency summarizing the government’s response to the devastating storm....

https://www.apnews.com/55aaa7d7345b4df5bbb8849310b36a5e?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

:blink::ph34r:

• Like 1

Puerto Rico will be trump's Katrina-- and for the same reasons.

Trump won't do anything.  I doubt if he even knows that Puerto Rico is an American territory and thus American citizens.

I made modest donations to the Hispanic Federation out of New York for Puerto Rico and Mexican earthquake victims.  100% of donations go directly to help and donors can designate where they want their money to go.  

The US government gives that little island  $20 billion in aid every year.  Puerto Rico has long standing issues.

This article is 3 years old, so don't blame Trump for it's woes.

https://panampost.com/frank-worley-lopez/2014/01/08/puerto-ricos-problems-money/

Aid begins to flow to Puerto Rico, facing a growing humanitarian crisis in Maria's aftermath

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-dam-failing-puerto-rico-20170923-story.html

Edited by hamradio

The US government gives that little island nation $20 billion in aid every year.  Puerto Rico has long standing issues.

https://panampost.com/frank-worley-lopez/2014/01/08/puerto-ricos-problems-money/

Puerto Rico isn't a nation. It's a US territory. Its citizens are US citizens, although without the right to vote for US president, or congressional representation. The citizenry there have voted overwhelmingly for full statehood, but we just ignore them, because that's how we roll.

• Like 2

Puerto Rico isn't a nation. It's a US territory. Its citizens are US citizens, although without the right to vote for US president, or congressional representation. The citizenry there have voted overwhelmingly for full statehood, but we just ignore them, because that's how we roll.

(bad wording - retracted nation)

There are other obstacles to overcome like Congress. Good luck if they can get anything done.

(old news) :wacko:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/puerto-rico-question-answers-statehood-trnd/index.html

The US government gives that little island $20 billion in aid every year. Puerto Rico has long standing issues.

This article is 3 years old, so don't blame Trump for it's woes.

Aid begins to flow to Puerto Rico, facing a growing humanitarian crisis in Maria's aftermath

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-dam-failing-puerto-rico-20170923-story.html

Ham-- have you even seen West Side Story?

Puerto Ricans are American citizens, just like you and me.

And what's more, if they choose to live in the United States they can vote for the President of the United States.

And their passport looks just like my passport--stamped the United States of America. I know this myself because I have been in France with Puerto Ricans and I've seen their passports. They have the same rights that I have abroad.

Puerto Rico is the closest thing we have to a 51st state and if our citizens down there are not taken care of then --

you can guess what I think the reason will be.

45]leN1zJJx_bigger.jpgHillary ClintonVerified account @HillaryClinton

More

Hillary Clinton Retweeted Samy Nemir Olivares

President Trump, Sec. Mattis, and DOD should send the Navy, including the USNS Comfort, to Puerto Rico now. These are American citizens.

Here the presidential candidate who won the popular vote and who was qualified for the office is giving a little advice to the person who slipped in Under The electoral college wire.

Who knows, if idiot boy can ever stop venting his racist rage out on-line against American black people, maybe he will have time to do something about those suffering American citizens in Puerto Rico.

Ham-- have you even seen West Side Story?

Puerto Ricans are American citizens, just like you and me.

And what's more, if they choose to live in the United States they can vote for the President of the United States.

And their passport looks just like my passport--stamped the United States of America. I know this myself because I have been in France with Puerto Ricans and I've seen their passports. They have the same rights that I have abroad.

Puerto Rico is the closest thing we have to a 51st state and if our citizens down there are not taken care of then --

you can guess what I think the reason will be.

Where on Earth did I gave you the impression they are not American citizens?

On the Weather Channel's "Top Ten Doomsday Disasters" (2017) produced earlier this year, it was predicted 2, Cat 5 hurricanes could strike the US virtually at the same time.  The scenario was the Florida keys and the Gulf (anywhere within the region).  Such a disaster would take years to recover from.  Talk about getting it 99% right.

Here the presidential candidate who won the popular vote and who was qualified for the office is giving a little advice to the person who slipped in Under The electoral college wire.

Who knows, if idiot boy can ever stop venting his racist rage out on-line against American black people, maybe he will have time to do something about those suffering American citizens in Puerto Rico.

He's not going to do squat.  He doesn't care.  They're not same same skin tone as him.  Of course we should be sending every resource available to Puerto Rico and help them -  whatever it takes and how long it takes.  But it's Puerto Rico and he doesn't care.  There's nothing in it for him.  

• Like 2

NBC Nightly NewsVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 17m17 minutes ago

"Power is still largely out -- that means banks and hospitals and the things that people depend on, they can’t get to" if no generators.

NBC Nightly NewsVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 20m20 minutes ago

WATCH: "There is devastation everywhere,” @LesterHoltNBC reports from San Juan, Puerto Rico, on @NBCNightlyNews.

• JakeHolman changed the title to HURRICANE DELTA