Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

45]oRkuWLIT_bigger.jpgMatt McDermottVerified account @mattmfm

More

Matt McDermott Retweeted Sara Donchey

Seems like a dire, ongoing disaster in Houston - but the President is busy tweeting about how he won Missouri, so guess it's not a big deal.

45]vMthq5x2_bigger.jpgAshley FeinbergVerified account @ashleyfeinberg

More

Of his 19 tweets about the hurricane thus far, Trump has given no indication that he's even aware that people have died

• Like 1

45]oRkuWLIT_bigger.jpgMatt McDermottVerified account @mattmfm

More

Matt McDermott Retweeted Sara Donchey

Seems like a dire, ongoing disaster in Houston - but the President is busy tweeting about how he won Missouri, so guess it's not a big deal.

45]vMthq5x2_bigger.jpgAshley FeinbergVerified account @ashleyfeinberg

More

Of his 19 tweets about the hurricane thus far, Trump has given no indication that he's even aware that people have died

• Like 1

So far 5 people have known to died.  They are lucky (in a manner of speaking) it's this low.  Could had been AVOIDED if people followed common sense evacuation orders or at the least followed safety instructions broadcasted.  I'm tired of rescue personnel have to put their lives in danger saving these idiots!

45]B6jfU7d6_bigger.jpgMiranda YaverVerified account @mirandayaver

More

In the Phoenix rally, Trump said journalists are "sick," lie, and hate America. Right now, a lot are risking their lives covering #Harvey.

That's hardly news. They did the same thing after Katrina.

Many of the reporters were actually rescuing people and helping rescue personnel in New Orleans after Katrina.

Because Bush and his government were doing absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Princess--TX Gov. Greg Abbott didn't issue a "mandatory evacuation order", but he did "strongly advise" Houston and Harris County residents to consider leaving.  County and other local officials just said to stay inside and don't drive or get in rescuers way.  

Sounds like everyone badly underestimated Harvey and the amount and effects of all the rain coastal TX was to get.

Sources--CNN, Washington Post.

4fgNVF4H_bigger.jpg Bloomberg‏Verified account @business 52m52 minutes ago

#Harvey - At least 2 deaths - Record Houston flooding - Rain for days - "Catastrophic" https://bloom.bg/2wU59lt DIRo4_qUMAA_cl5.jpg

Houston is called the Bayou City -- it's one big swamp with millions of people...been there done that... 

Just like the flood plains of the Mississippi, building in precarious places. 

Excerpt..

Much of the city was built on marches, forested land, swamp or prairie  all of which can still be seen in surrounding areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Houston

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/explainer/article/The-trouble-with-living-in-a-swamp-Houston-7954514.php

Oh, drop the self-righteous act. You recently posted that you wished a cancer patient would drop dead because he disagreed with you politically.

No wonder Jake "Man of Few Words" Holman largely keeps his comments to himself. Look at the incredible mean spirited nastiness in him when he opens up.

Princess--TX Gov. Greg Abbott didn't issue a "mandatory evacuation order", but he did "strongly advise" Houston and Harris County residents to consider leaving.  County and other local officials just said to stay inside and don't drive or get in rescuers way.  

Sounds like everyone badly underestimated Harvey and the amount and effects of all the rain coastal TX was to get.

Sources--CNN, Washington Post.

The Houston mayor said that they tried to evacuate during Hurricane Rita and it was a mess with over 6 million people in the region on the roads.

• Like 1

Just like the flood plains of the Mississippi, building in precarious places. 

Excerpt..

Much of the city was built on marches, forested land, swamp or prairie  all of which can still be seen in surrounding areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Houston

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/explainer/article/The-trouble-with-living-in-a-swamp-Houston-7954514.php

Building on wetlands, which help protect people during bad storms and hurricanes, is never a good idea.  My heart goes out to everyone.

An ironic twist for me in all of this is...

As a retiree, I have old friends who are also retired, and moved down into many of those regions that have recently been plagued with uncharacteristic rain, flooding, mudslides, hurricanes and other catastophies.  Their main reason for moving to those places was , "I can't take any more of these MICHIGAN WINTERS!"  and tried urging me to move to some of those places too.  I stayed put.

I mean, Michigan winters (in the past) HAVE been pretty bad, but not as bad as in other places, and to date, I haven't known ANYONE to lose their homes and have  everything they own totally DESTROYED during a Michigan winter.  The WORST thing that could happen is paying a higher GAS BILL.

And another thing that angered me was WHY did a CELL PHONE CALL from a nursing home have to be what brought the trouble there to people's attention?  THOSE places should have been the FIRST places to get attention from any authorities.

Sepiatone

45]L5CJEZkw_bigger.jpgMichael McFaulVerified account @McFaul

More

Inspired to see Americans in Texas of all ethnicities, genders, orientations etc. helping other Americans & foreigners. THIS is who we are !

45]5g0FC8XX_bigger.jpgBarack ObamaVerified account @BarackObama

More

Barack Obama Retweeted American Red Cross

Thank you to all the first responders and people helping each other out. That's what we do as Americans. Here's one way you can help now.

• JakeHolman changed the title to HURRICANE DELTA