Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeHolman

TROPICAL STORM CRISTOBAL

I'm watching Lester Holt on NBC news right now; he says Puerto Rico is in an apocalyptic state.

It looks as though the American Military has just reached the area.

Now why's THAT?

There's no oil reserves there, is THERE?!

(...sorry folks...just couldn't resist...and yeah yeah, I know I know...we don't always send our boys out there in the world for that purpose)

;)

45]kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

More

Texas & Florida are doing great but Puerto Rico, which was already suffering from broken infrastructure & massive debt, is in deep trouble..

...It's old electrical grid, which was in terrible shape, was devastated. Much of the Island was destroyed, with billions of dollars....

...owed to Wall Street and the banks which, sadly, must be dealt with. Food, water and medical are top priorities - and doing well. #FEMA

8:58 PM - 25 Sep 2017

The white supremacist trump shows no support, concern or compassion for the suffering of the Americans in Puerto Rico.

He utterly dismisses the entire island as just one big ghetto of non-white Spanish-speaking people-- it's as if he doesn't even comprehend the direct hit that these people took and the devastation which was caused by the hurricane, through no fault of their own.

It doesn't take a psychiatrist to outline this statement to see where this Cold- Cruel Hearted man's priorities lie.

45]qdkroVWw_bigger.jpgAdam ParkhomenkoVerified account @AdamParkhomenko

More

"I'm not sure [Trump] knows Puerto Ricans are American citizens," Hillary speaking w/ @ZerlinaMaxwell

Well, I suppose there's outside chance the idiot man-child might know this, anyway.

Ya see, he's got one of his golf resorts there.

(...NOT, mind you, that I'm saying he IS bright enough to know this fact, but just that there's an outside CHANCE he might know this, that's all)

HEY, and speaking of what knowledge the aforementioned man-child might possess...

Wouldn't ya just LOVE to see his sorry butt behind a Jeopardy contestant podium?!

And, don't ya wonder how much in the negative amount the guy would be in after the Double Jeopardy round?

(...my bet would be that it would FAR eclipse the amount that Darrell Hammond while playing a clueless Sean Connery amassed on those old SNL parody skits)

".......Hurricane Maria decimated Puerto Rican agriculture. The storm’s “force and fury stripped every tree of not just the leaves, but also the bark, leaving a rich agricultural region looking like the result of a post-apocalyptic drought,” they write. “Rows and rows of fields were denuded. Plants simply blew away.”

And as Puerto Rican officials, including Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, lament the slow pace of relief efforts, AJ Vicens reports for Mother Jones that

there are a number of reasons why Washington is always slow to help Puerto Rico, and “none of them are good.”...

Justin Miller @justinjm1

oh you wanted (Trump) to tweet about Puerto Rico? Well he did — and blamed Puerto Rico.

NBC Nightly NewsVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 2h2 hours ago

Pres. Trump: Response to PR is harder than FL or TX because it "is an island sitting in the middle of an ocean."

NBC Nightly NewsVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @NBCNightlyNews

Pres. Trump: "Puerto Rico is very important to me ... I know many people from Puerto Rico."

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

HEY, and speaking of what knowledge the aforementioned man-child might possess...

Wouldn't ya just LOVE to see his sorry butt behind a Jeopardy contestant podium?!

And, don't ya wonder how much in the negative amount the guy would be in after the Double Jeopardy round?

(...my bet would be that it would FAR eclipse the amount that Darrell Hammond while playing a clueless Sean Connery amassed on those old SNL parody skits)

I dread to think what would happen if we ever have a global natural disaster i.e. a super volcano or asteroid impact.  Nature only has given us a couple of black eyes so far.

Florida, what Florida?

p03qy645.jpg

What about the devastation in Cuba.  Thought they should be mentioned.

104700709-AP_17253038490235.720x405.jpg?

170910113946-01-irma-cuba-0910-super-169

main_900.jpg?1505091593

Hundreds of flamingos died.

Flamingos-dead-Cuba-Hurricane-Irma-4.jpg

irma-cuba-woman-dog-epa-170910_4x3_992.j

284437.jpg

45]

45]xJ3Me1KK_bigger.jpgJoy ReidVerified account @JoyAnnReide

Watching the mayor of an American city, San Juan, literally begging for her people's lives, is a national humiliation. For shame.

The similarities with Katrina are too obvious to even mention.

What we have here are suffering, not wealthy non-white people, devastated by the aftermath of a hurricane, whose woes are compounded because they did not actually show support for the current president.

So just like the previous president, this current president has no interest in them because they have no money-- he keeps on talking about their debts--they're a different race and/or ethnicity from him, many speak a different language from his and most probably wouldn't vote for him if they could vote.

For the narcissistic egocentric president, these people are losers, nothing. He'll get around to them, when he gets around to it. But first, a few more rounds of golf.

You only have to look at his comments to see what had top priority in his mind when he thought of Puerto Ricans.

• Like 2

Mayor of San Juan says forget political correctness.

We're dying here.

trump's poor response to this hurricane disaster could result in genocide, according to the mayor.

It's headshaking to say the least when I watch news reports about the hindered efforts of getting aid to the hurricane victims and how slow everything is progressing, if you can call it progressing at all, and then it switches to Trump going on about what "A great job we're doing".

And to address HAM, the only time, through all this,  I've heard  CUBA mentioned is in an item about pulling people out of our embassy there due to what is claimed to be some sort of "sonic attack".

What's that  all about?

Sepiatone

And to address HAM, the only time, through all this,  I've heard  CUBA mentioned is in an item about pulling people out of our embassy there due to what is claimed to be some sort of "sonic attack".

What's that  all about?

For the past several months, members of the US embassy in Havana were reporting mysterious illnesses, and somehow or other they determined that a party or parties unknown were using some kind of new sonic device, directed at the embassy, that caused these symptoms. The Cuban government denies any knowledge of such a device or its use, but the US isn't buying it, so they are leaving.

The story still has a lot of holes in it, but here's a brief summary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Havana#Alleged_health_attacks

• Like 1

45]kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrumpMore

...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.

7:29 AM - 30 Sep 2017

Denice Frohman‏Verified account @denicefrohman 8h8 hours ago

To be clear, this is the mayor of San Juan who he insulted. She's using a bullhorn to find people.

DK-M9o_XkAAqoCy.jpg

45]kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrumpMore

...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.

7:29 AM - 30 Sep 2017

Denice Frohman‏Verified account @denicefrohman 8h8 hours ago

To be clear, this is the mayor of San Juan who he insulted. She's using a bullhorn to find people.

DK-M9o_XkAAqoCy.jpg

The mayor is wading through PART OF THE PROBLEM!  Do PR expect aid to walk on water like Christ?

The White Man's Burden & Puerto Rico

We studied Rudyard Kipling's poem "The White Man's Burden" in junior high school, as our supplemental texts actually came from books that were primarily used in the 1940s.

In this poem the United States has just acquired the Philippines after the *Spanish-American War and Rudyard Kipling is calling upon the Americans to establish an Empire similar to that of Great Britain to further Western Civilization to non-white people.

*As a result of this war, the United States acquired Puerto Rico.

Take up The White Man's Burden

Send forth the best ye breed--

Go bind your sons to Exile

To serve your captives' need;

To wait in heavy harness,

On fluttered folk and wild--

Your new- caught, sullen peoples,

Half- devil and half- child.

So goes the first stanza of this poem In praise of encouraging the

United States to maintain it's imperialist stature. Teddy Roosevelt was greatly influenced by this poem, as his subsequent policies as president demonstrated.

trump's response today to the Puerto Ricans has a bit of the stench of this ancient neo-colonialism to it.

The Spanish-American War took place in 1898-- and here we are in 2017.

History does matter.