Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SuaveAsCary

Lee Remick Bday

The great thing about film -- ideally -- is that we can have it forever. So it's not too late to discover Ms. Remick. Be sure to add Days of Wine and Roses and Face in the Crowd to your list...

Right Jack:

And for two extremely different roles, catch her as a 'vamp' in 'Anatomy of a Murder' (Jimmy Stewart) and a Doris Day virgin type in 'Wheeler Dealers' with Jim Garner.

Anne

Happy Birthday to Lee Remick. She would only have been 71. We lost her far too early. She was a beautiful and extremely talented actress and you could tell she was a wonderful person, too. I had the privilege of seeing her in "Anyone Can Whistle." If you don't know her work, seek her films out. She's always special. Happy Birthday Miss Remick.

I like Lee---she was really good with Sinatra in The Detective and the best thing in an odd movie called Hard Contract. She could be very vulnerable or very spunky. One of her early roles that showed her potential was in The Long Hot Summer, with Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward and Orson Welles. She held her own in a powerful cast.

Miss G

Best Lee Remick movie- Experiment in Terror with Glenn Ford. If you havent seen this movie, rent or buy it. It is one of the best cop movies I have ever seen. Blows away any of the ones made today. Plus it has Glenn Ford so how can you lose. I bought the DVD for 6 dollars new. I had never seen it when I bought it but I am a huge Glenn Ford fan and took the chance. It seriously blew me away.

I forgot about Experiment in Terror. I have the dvd, too, and agree it's a very taut, edge-of-your-seat thriller. The music by Henry Mancini is nothing to sneeze at either!

Miss G

Wow, Sheldon, you saw Anyone Can Whistle?! I'm jealous! What did you think--did it deserve to flop? I had the privilege of playing the Angela Lansbury role, Mayoress Cora Hoover Hooper 2 years ago. I had TONS of fun playing it! I still can't decide whether or not the book is clever or really dumb...

About Lee Remick, though--a beautiful woman and a good actress. We lost her too soon.

Sandy K

Oh yeh the music in Experiment in Terror is amazing. It is one of the best parts of that movie. It might have been one of Henry Mancini's first movies that he scored but I am not exactly sure about that.

MissG,

I think you will like the interview TCM did with me. Esp cuz your in Manhatten. I am a newyorker but live in seattle right now....It should air the first half of next year. We filmed it on the Dec 12th and 13th. It was the best experience of my life. Ben is freaking awesome. One of the coolest, nicest guys I have ever met. After it airs I will talk more about it. But seriously Ben rules!

kpr

Hey Sandy-I think we corresponded before. Whistle was definitely ahead of its time. I saw it in its Philly tryout. Lansbury was incredible as was Remick. She gort to sing "There Won't Be Trumpets" which was cut out of town. Remick was about to rehearse an LA production of " A Little Night Music" when she passed away.

Well kimpunkrock---I will certainly watch for your interview! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that Ben was all that he should be. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who digs classic movies is divino!

"Happy thoughts,"

Miss G

I think TOUCH OF EVIL was actually Mancini's first serious feature gig---with Experiment not too far behind. In the former picture, the Latin percussive accompanyment to that famous long tracking shot is a delicious countepoint and a great introduction to the Mancini-meister!

Miss G

Hi sheldon. yes, we've chatted before here! Thanks for sharing your memories of Anyone Can Whistle. A shame that There Won't Be Trumpets was cut ! It is on the cast album, and included in the score--it was included in the production that I was in.

I am in awe of all the wonderful Broadway performances that you've seen and shared with us here! I'm a big ol' theatre geek.

Sandy K

Thanks, Sandy. I was lucky to have grown up in Philly which, at the time, had 5 or 6 legit houses. I saw virtually all the musicals and many straight plays that were there from the late fifties to late sixties.The single most exciting one was the original "Gypsy" followed by "Redhead" with Gwen Verdon and Richard Kiley.