Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harry Langdon

maskedmala

Yes, Yes, I second that idea, Maskedmala. We've had years and years of Chaplin, Keaton, until I'm sick of them. Let's have a cycle of rarely seen movies from other great comedians--like Mabel Normand, Ben Turpin, Fatty Arbuckle, and going way back, let's see some of John Bunny's work! At one time, I've read that this guy was the most popular man in the world, because of his comedies. Let's see what made him tick and if he still has it.

Chaplin's films have been available to the public for a long, long time - though not always with the quality of the more recently restored prints.

The majority of Keaton's works haven't really been available to most of us until pretty recently.

Still, I can understand why current viewers may be tired of seeing the same shorts and features over and over again.

As funny as Langdon's films could be (and I love "Tramp, Tramp, Tramp"), I'm not a huge fan of his. But, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing TCM air a few of his best.

Rather than focus on any one performer, however, I'd rather see them do a "Best of Silent Comedy" run. Mabel Normand, the Drews, Ben Turpin, Max Linder, Charley Chase, Ben Davidson, and Langdon - all would be welcome!

If there were one silent star I would like to see get the full TCM treatment, it would be Colleen Moore. There are plenty of her films available to do a series.