Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jeanne Martin, Dino's Second Wife Dies of Cancer at 89

Princess of Tap

Jeanne Martin, who was married to Dean Martin for 23 years before their subsequent divorce in 1972, died of cancer on Wednesday.

Jeanne was the mother of three of his children: Dean Paul jr,also known as Dino, who died in a military plane crash in 1987; Gina, who was the second wife of the late Beach Boy Carl Wilson, and Ricci, who was found dead in his home only three weeks ago.

She also helped to raise Dean's four children from his first marriage.

Jeanne was a former model and a Rose Bowl Queen. Reportedly she was part of the impetus for Dean to split from Jerry Lewis to prove he could be a star on his own.

Jeanne was also instrumental in the promotion of her son's rock and roll group-- Dino, Desi & Billy-- that is Desi Arnaz jr. And Billy Hinsche .

Television audiences rarely saw Jeanne on Dean Martin's popular NBC-TV variety show in the 60s, but they heard her name every week at the end of the show when Dean announced that he was on his way home--

So Jeanne should get his drink(s) ready.

Jerry Lewis said of Jeanne in his autobiography, Dean and Me:

She was "the best thing (next to me )that ever happened to Dean."

Jeanne Martin never remarried after her divorce from Dean.

(Sources: The Daily Mail and The Hollywood Reporter)

• Like 1

I remember when she would make an appearance each year on Dean Martin's Christmas show along with his children. I also remember her making an appearance on an "I Love Lucy" episode

modeling a dress. She was very pretty.

From what I read her and Dean still remained on friendly terms after their divorce and she was there for him during his final years. He really fell apart after his son Dino was killed in 1987.

Very tragic that two of her three children pre-deceased her.

• Like 1

I remember when she would make an appearance each year on Dean Martin's Christmas show along with his children. I also remember her making an appearance on an "I Love Lucy" episode

modeling a dress. She was very pretty.

From what I read her and Dean still remained on friendly terms after their divorce and she was there for him during his final years. He really fell apart after his son Dino was killed in 1987.

Very tragic that two of her three children pre-deceased her.

Yes, indeed she was...

882d4badf9ded3c91ddd84d992cd89b7.jpg

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings