Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what happened to tcm underground?

where was rob zombie last night? i woke up, turned on the dvd recorder, saw demetia 13 with no rob intro. i thought the movie started early or somthing. i checked i walked with zombie, and found out that TCMU wasn't on. wha happen? i checked the TCMU website and rob was SUPPOSE to host it. last week, they showed the movies out of order, now this. and another thing, i print out the TCM schedule 2-3 months ahead of time at the library.on tuesday, dec. 19, TCM was showing the little girl who lives down the lane at 10:15 pm, and the little princess a midnight. come tuesday, they showed out of order. i recorded little princess. and LGWLDTL is one of my wife's favorites. so, now i don't have a copy of that. so what is going on?

captbilly -

A word to the wise -

TCM often has to make adjustments to the schedule after its first posting online. The announced films from outside sources may turn out to be different than originally anticipated (i.e. November's "1776" or July's "The Devil With Hitler") or there may be a change in availablity of certain films. As to the Shirley Temple and Jodie Foster films, I think there was a rethinking of the night's theme to alternate films between "bad girls" and "good girls" - 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad and a final 1 good. Sorry it messed up your recording plans.

If you are printing out a schedule 2-3 months in advance, it is always a good idea to re-check the schedule at the beginning of the month - or the day of broadcast at the very least. Little changes do occur in the weeks between the time a schedule is first posted online and when that month finally arrives. Case in point, the February Schedule has had a few adjustments made to it since it first went up. For instance, "Chinatown" was listed to be shown twice at first and is now only scheduled for a single showing.

As to Rob Zombie, maybe he over did it celebrating the winter solstice and needed a night off. (Just Kidding.)

Kyle In Hollywood

i print out the TCM schedule 2-3 months ahead of time at the library.on tuesday, dec. 19, TCM was showing the little girl who lives down the lane at 10:15 pm, and the little princess a midnight. come tuesday, they showed out of order. i recorded little princess. and LGWLDTL is one of my wife's favorites. so, now i don't have a copy of that. so what is going on?

I also print out ahead (converted to word and condensed to 10 legal pages!), but have learned to "watch out," especially if a star has died, for changes. What was neat (not!), was that at the end of "Bad Seed," the list for the next three movies still showed "Little Girl" coming up next! But Rob had announced "Princess," so the decision had been made some time in advance. My solution (except when I have to be recording BBC/America series, etc.) is to keep the hard drive running and edit to DVD later. Others on the threads speak of having two-three TiVos running to catch everything.... Or, if you have SuperVHS, run a good tape at 6 hr speed and then dub to DVD later. But - these things happen.

I also print out ahead (converted to word and condensed to 10 legal pages!)

Sigh, I still don't understand why people don't just subscribe to Now Playing? I print out the schedules to see what a month is going to be like three months from now but then discard that after a bit. The NP magazine is a great, easy reference each month, and at less than a buck a month I don't think it can be beat.

I still don't understand why people don't just subscribe to Now Playing?

I have (for two months now) subscribed to "Now Playing," but I still plan to download and copy (for now, anyway). The point is, even though it's trouble, that I have them right there in front of me for at least two months in advance, to read and mark up WAY ahead of time. Pretty soon I will have March (in early January, I guess) and will be able to see just what will be on while I'm out of town for a film show in Williamsburg - and start making plans about how many machines to set up how many ways!

Besides, I like to type and copy/paste (up to a point)!

Anybody want some schedules (Word format) since August of 2003, to go back and check? (I also compulsively save documents and e-mails.)

Bill

As others have pointed out, the further out the schedule is online, the more it should be considered "a work in progress". Besides movies getting added or deleted, many times the running times aren't correct or are missing entirely. They may list a running time provided by a distributor, but when the movie actually arrives it runs longer or shorter, which can result in films being shifted around to compensate.

Your best bet is subscribing to "Now Playing" which usually arrives during the second week of the previous month. By then the schedule is set, and any later changes usually are a result of an added tribute to somebody who has just passed away or perhaps with a last minute problem getting a film. If it's really important to record a certain film, check the daily schedule online beforehand.

Most of the time, TCM contracts for multiple showings of each film so most likely "Little Girl" will be schedule again.