Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

I have many, many of Alpha video and oldies.com releases. Though yes sometimes the prints are not that great, they have never been unwatchable. The best way to buy them would be used. I have spent sometimes no more than a dollar or 2 on many of their titles and for a dollar or so, it doesn't matter if the print isn't perfect. I love the little catalogs that come with the dvd's. I use them to make paintings with. I recently did this one with the alpha catalog:

Unfortunately there is a little bit of flash effect on the painting. I do not have a pro set up for taking pictures and am still a novice at photography.

Photobucket

If anyone wants to see some of my other work check out the Flickr page I just started:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimpunkrock/

If anyone wants to donate some of their DVD catalogs so that I may use them for collages and paintings, let me know and I will get you my address.

Here is one that I did a while ago:

Photobucket

Message was edited by: kimpunkrock

I have a lot of Alpha titles, some of their 1 hour obscurities are cool to watch..

There are a few movies I have seen that are just dull , a few prints that are too murky & dark, such as Condemned to Live..

They are like Sinister Cinema except Alpha does real DVD not DVDr...

Good to see some classic movie titles in the Sunday Best Buy ad for this week!

An Affair to Remember was a "new" release this week (this edition or company's release) advertised for $14.99.

Then they have four Academy Award titles advertised on sale for $9.99:

Casablanca

Citizen Kane

Doctor Zhivago

East Of Eden

Regular prices $20.99 - $24.99.

"Find these and more in store and online"

A little mainstream for my taste but if these titles do well I hope they'll advertise classic movie titles more often.

dsclassic, just watched the Alpha release of DOA. Surprisingly the print was quite excellent. I wonder if this is the same print Troma uses. IMPACT was also another great print. THE SECOND WOMAN was a better than average print. Many of the other DVD's that I bought weren't as bad as I thought they might be, but do have some problems whether its sound or picture. Much of the soundtrack was quite noisy for THE MAN WHO CHEATED HIMSELF and THE BIGAMIST picture had lots of scratches, although both films were watchable. Only THE BLACK BOOK looked to be a horrible print, even though I hadn't watched all of the DVD. GUEST IN THE HOUSE looked like a mess with lots of jumps, but I also have not watched the entire DVD as yet.

dsclassic, just watched the Alpha release of DOA. Surprisingly the print was quite excellent. I wonder if this is the same print Troma uses. IMPACT was also another great print. THE SECOND WOMAN was a better than average print. Many of the other DVD's that I bought weren't as bad as I thought they might be, but do have some problems whether its sound or picture. Much of the soundtrack was quite noisy for THE MAN WHO CHEATED HIMSELF and THE BIGAMIST picture had lots of scratches, although both films were watchable. Only THE BLACK BOOK looked to be a horrible print, even though I hadn't watched all of the DVD. GUEST IN THE HOUSE looked like a mess with lots of jumps, but I also have not watched the entire DVD as yet.

OLDIES.COM IS HAVING A HUGE SAVINGS ON 140 RARE & OUT-OF-PRINT DVDS FROM 20th CENTURY FOX!!!

Top 10 Sellers from OLDIES.com:

1. Day the Earth Stood Still

Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal & Hugh Marlowe (DVD)

2. Lifeboat (Special Edition)

Tallulah Bankhead & John Hodiak (DVD)

3. Call Northside 777

James Stewart (DVD)

4. Charley's Aunt

Jack Benny, Kay Francis & James Ellison (DVD)

5. Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte

Bette Davis, Olivia De Havilland & Joseph Cotton (DVD)

6. House on 92nd Street

William Eythe, Lloyd Nolan & Signe Hasso (DVD)

7. Kiss of Death

Victor Mature, Brian Donlevy & Coleen Gray (DVD)

8. Yellow Sky

Gregory Peck, Anne Baxter & Richard Widmark (DVD)

9. Panic in the Streets

Richard Widmark & Paul Douglas (DVD)

10. Nightmare Alley

Tyrone Power & Joan Blondell (DVD)

A few more classic movies advertised in the Sunday ads this week.

Best Buy has Flower Drum Song for $7.49, regular $14.99.

Circuit City has An Affair to Remember for $9.99, regular $14.99 and

Breakfast at Tiffany's for $6.99, regular $9.99.

Hope this trend continues.

Very unusual for Best Buy. They rarely have sales on classics anymore with the exception of Disney. Unfortunately, I already own these DVD's. No TAMMY Trilogy nor IMITATION OF LIFE on sale.

Message was edited by: Edgecliff

I was at Costco on 02/03/2008 & they had several Cary Grant films for $8.99. They were also selling Classic DVD 2 packs for $11.99. I bought a 2 pack which had "The Heiress" & "No Man of Her Own" W./Clark Gable & Carole Lombard!

I also bought "From Here to Eternity" for $8.99 too!