Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

filmlover

film fatale said: The Sony S-350 is on backorder right now at sonystyle.com - but you can still use that coupon for the $50 off.

Well, others can. I already own the S550, so I am content. : )

But, yes, I understand the discount will still apply though on back order. I truly believe a special like the one on sonystyle.com should not be passed up. I can't see it getting any lower by Christmas or after (it will go back up a few days from now). I looked at all the ads for Black Friday today in the L.A. Times, and a number of places have the S350 but most are selling it for $175-200.

I'll have to go over to Costco on Friday and see what they are charging for the Sony BX1 (which is the same model as the S350, just COstco's special number)(and the Costco one has the HDMI cord in the box, plus the remote is backlit). If their price is comparable, then that might be the way to go because if you don't like it (which I would find hard to believe), you can return it without a problem. Last I saw, though, Costco was charging $279.

There are some great sales of Blu-ray discs going on at Amazon all day. It changes by the hour. Right now I see Transformers-$9.99

Flags of Our Fathers -$8.99

The Bank Job- $8.99

Mad Men Season 1- $17.95 (they're selling the standard set for $27.49 ha!)

If you want any, better hurry and keep checking all day.

Web, the Blu-ray sale has been going on all morning (but thanks for mentioning the Transormers; that was supposed to be tomorrow). Here's the link to the sale:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1227816226/ref=sr_pg_3?ie=UTF8&rs=172778011&rh=n%3A130%2Cn%3A172778011%2Cp%5Fn%5Fbinding%5Fbrowse-bin%3A387547011&page=3

There are currently 238 Blu titles on special, and the prices may go up and down. For example, the Rambo set was $17.95 this morning, and is now $16.95. Iron Man and Indian Jones will be beneath $15 for a time tomorrow morning.

A great classic to get is The Searchers for $10.99

There are currently 238 Blu titles on special, and the prices may go up and down. For example, the Rambo set was $17.95 this morning, and is now $16.95. Iron Man and Indian Jones will be beneath $15 for a time tomorrow morning.

A great classic to get is The Searchers for $10.99

I got *The Searchers* and *Casablanca* UCE (both BR) B-)

You guys want a wacky deal? I mean, WACKY! But it works!

Here's the thing, Amazon has this odd deal if you go to the page in the link below, they have a selection of 33 Blu titles, where if you buy 3 save $20, buy 6 save $50, buy 10 save $100. Is that the wacky deal? Nope. Now follow me on this"

Place the 5 James Bond titles that are marked $17.99 each into your cart. Change the quantity on each one to "2" copies (so that will be a grand total of 10). Proceed to checkout. Change the shipping to free shipping. When you get towards the webpage two or three before you click to finalize the order, you will likely see this as your total:

Subtotal of Items: $176.90

Shipping & Handling: $11.89

Best Value Savings: -$20.00

Super Saver Discount: -$11.89

Blu-ray Promotion: -$100.00

------

Total for this Order: $56.90

$56.90 total for the 10 Blu discs! $5.69 each! You can keep one group of 5 for yourself, sell the other ones on eBay or possibly give them as a present.

This deal doesn't seem to work for those who have Amazon Prime.

Your total may vary slightly but just try the exact quantites (2) to the five Bond films that are the same price and see what you come up with. I tried it and it works. Didn't I saw it was a wacky deal?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82797351_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000300361&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0WQTS4B6X4VZR2APJ96H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=464745931&pf_rd_i=193640011

"$56.90 total for the 10 Blu discs! $5.69 each! You can keep one group of 5 for yourself, sell the other ones on eBay or possibly give them as a present. "

I'm not into Blu, but I have to salute a great deal when I see one, and you certainly got one. Those are great prices even for standard DVDs even more for Blu. Congratulations!

About the only thing left on my list is for Ammy to weaken and lower the price of Golden Collection #6 to 25-28 dollars. They do it every Christmas season, you just have to wait them out.

I just got the new Costco magazine and there a number of specials coming up in December:

Dec. 1-7:

$10 off HBO TV box sets (Rome, John Adams, Band of Brothers)

$25 off A&E mega collections 9nothing worthwhile; none of the TV dramas or comedies)

$50 off Pink Panther DVD collection

Dec. 8-14:

$4 off assorted DreamWorks DVDs

$7 off Fox and MH< ,usical DVD bix sets (tsi is where they have taken one film) and put it in a special box with music score booklets)

$20 off Hitchock Collection (but this set has too many problems, apparently)

$10 off Universal Classic DVD box sets. They have pictured: the new Gregory Peck set, the Marx Bros set, James Stewart, W.C

HBO complete series sets on DVD, including Get Smart

There are several others, but I noticed the Murnau Fox set will be $60 off from December 15-24.

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> I just got the new Costco magazine and there a number of specials coming up in December:

>

> Dec. 1-7:

> $10 off HBO TV box sets (Rome, John Adams, Band of Brothers)

*Rome* and *John Adams* are amazon's Cyber Monday goldbox special, marked down 60% from the SRP.

> $50 off Pink Panther DVD collection

Would that beat amazon's price over Thanksgiving weekend of $150? They raised it again to $180 but I won't be surprised to see it marked down to $100 or less either before or after Christmas. It just doesn't have a lot of stuff that hadn't already been released in cheaper sets.

DDD is offering another buy one box set get one free offer from FOX/MGM.

Oldies.com has had the WB sale on for some time now! However, they are doing a Black Friday sale with an extra 10% off on every item in stock with free shipping for a limited time only.

It doesn't seem to be part of an announced sale, but I've noticed that at least some of the silent Image Entertainment films have come down more that 50% in price today at Amazon. Important ones I've noticed:

Foolish Wives- from $26.99 to $11.99

The Parson's Widow : Three Films by Carl Theodor Dreyer- from $22.49 to $10.99

My Best Girl- Mary Pickford- from $26.99 to $11.99

True Heart Susie & Hoodoo Ann- from $22.49 to $10.99

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (Ultimate Edition)- form $17.99 to $8.99

All of these have been restored or transferred meticulously and are as good as anything Kino puts out.

Also, some of the Criterions have gone down modestly in price; e.g., Port of Shadows- from $26.99 to $19.49.

I sincerely hope no one is still waiting to buy the recently released Walt Disney Treasures of *Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh*. You could be out of luck. Each Disney Treasures edition is a limited amount, and apparently it is now sold out everywhere! They are showing up on eBay and Amazon at around $75.

I sincerely hope no one is still waiting to buy the recently released Walt Disney Treasures of Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh. You could be out of luck. Each Disney Treasures edition is a limited amount, and apparently it is now sold out everywhere! They are showing up on eBay and Amazon at around $75.

I got mine for about $25 from amazon. B-)

> The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (Ultimate Edition)- form $17.99 to $8.99

>

> All of these have been restored or transferred meticulously and are as good as anything Kino puts out.

funny you should mention Kino right after the Hunchback. that restoration was originally supposed to be released through Kino and was even featured in their catalog as an upcoming release, until it went to Image instead. excellent price for that DVD if one doesn't have it already

I was in Target this afternoon and noticed in their DVD section they have gathered together a number of previously released special edition DVDs and put them in in red sleeves and calling them "Premier Collection". The prices were very reasonable, only $5.50 each. Titles included:

"The Great Escape" 2-DVD Special Edition

"Guys and Dolls" this is the Deluxe Edition containing the 72-page scrapbook

"Midnight Cowboy" 2-DVD Collector's Edition

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" 2-DVD Special Edition with storybook

"A Fish Called Wanda" 2-DVD Collector's Edition

"Lifeboat"

"Planet of the Apes" (Heston) recent 2-DVD edition with hours of extras

"The Manchurian Cadidate"

"The Omen" Collector's Edition

"Robocop" 2-DVD 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition

"New York, New York" 30th Anniverary 2-DVD Edition

"Predator" 2-DVD Collector's Edition

"The Producers" Special Edition (be careful on this one - the slipcase has the picture of the 2-disc Deluxe Edition, but inside is the Special Edition, though double-sided)(extras are the same)

"The Commitments" 2-DVD edition