Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

Costco sales:

These digibooks at $10.99 each

7751295960_3dcd555a57_z.jpg

These 4 MM movies at $9.99 each

7751296006_d6ddaecf6a_b.jpg

Three WB Signature Collections for sale at $14.99 each: Errol Flynn (Vol. 1), James Stewart, and Clark Gable.

7751296040_ef629d3939.jpg

In their book section, they have The Maltese Falcon with a reproduction of the 1st edition's cover

7751296072_0646d98dc8_b.jpg

The Monroe Blu-rays have been quite the subject of interest lately, so I just thought I'd point out that for some reason The Seven Year Itch is currently listed at $8.86 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Year-Itch-Blu-ray-Ewell/dp/B0089J28C2/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1344731105&sr=1-2&keywords=marilynmonroeblu+ray

I have no idea why this particular title is priced so low as the other 4 new-to-Blu MM films are all still hovering around the $20 dollar mark. ?:| Just one of those Amazonian enigmas I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned a post back that Costco has the Flynn, Stewart and Grant Signature Collection sets for $14.99. I went there today and they also have the Hepburn/Tracy, Bogart/Bacall, Cooper, Fonda, and Bogart (vol. II).

They also have the Lombard, Mae West, and Dietrcih Glamour Collections for about $12.99 each.

Barnes & Noble has a "40% off all Blu-ray" sale that runs today through 9/4. If you have a B&N membership, you get 10% more off in-store.

And here is a link to a 20% off coupon for members and a 15% for non-members (go to post #155):

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203280&page=8

I shouldn't have, but I picked up

A Streetcar Named Desire digibook $18.89

Lonesome (Criterion) $17.27

A&C Meet Frankenstein $14.57

Strange Love of Martha Ivers $8.63

They also had quite a few Olive Films at $29.99, and with the 40% off, well, you work out the amount.

filmlover are you going to sell the DVD box set of MONROE DIAMOND COLLECTION Vol 1? I bought all the Monroe BR that I did not have and not the box set. Although BUS STOP is not yet available I assume there will be a second Monroe set.

Hadn't thought about selling the Diamond Set vol. 1, but if I do I will just sell the titles from it that are duplicated in Blu. The Final Days documentary and the Bus Stop film haven't been announced for Blu, so I would want to keep them for now.

Hadn't thought about selling the Diamond Set vol. 1, but if I do I will just sell the titles from it that are duplicated in Blu. The Final Days documentary and the Bus Stop film haven't been announced for Blu, so I would want to keep them for now.

Amazon's Deal of the Week has the Marilyn Collection on Blu-ray at $41.99.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forever-Marilyn-Blu-ray-Collection/dp/B0089J27VY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346597837&sr=8-1&keywords=forever+marilyn

Disc 1: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Disc 2: How to Marry a Millionaire

Disc 3: River of No Return

Disc 4: There's No Business Like Show Business

Disc 5: The Seven Year Itch

Disc 6: Some Like it Hot

Disc 7: The Misfits

I do want to say that the packaging on this set is really cheap, the seven discs slipped into two folders, but it is a good price for the seven Blu discs as it works out to $6 a movie.

Great price, but too late for me. I bought the FOX ttles at various prices. I did not want the two UA films and the packaging was a drawback. And the individual titles have some nice artwork. I don't think this was included on FOX box set.

I did some thorough searching of the TCM Shop site and came up with excellent prices.

Click on the thing at the top of the shopping site for 10% off. You will get an email and then you should go in through that link to get the discount on the total order.

With the 10% discount, my order consisted of the following Blu-rays

Umberto D. (Criterion) $17.09

The Dark Mirror $11.69

Secret Beyond the Door $11.69

Man On A Swing $11.69

Total with tax and shipping $63.40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...