Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

This will only last for today, so jump on it. Amazon has a fantastic price on the Casablanca 70th Limited Collector's Edition combo of DVD and Blu-ray with book, etc. for only $24.99!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Casablanca-Anniversary-Limited-Collectors-Edition/dp/B006BG7RI0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352375735&sr=8-4&keywords=casablanca

(It's also the Best Buy Deal of the Day.)

They also have the Mel Brooks Collection for $25.99 in Blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/Mel-Brooks-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B007LNBS2I/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1352376044&sr=1-2&keywords=melbrookscollection

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}filmlover, IMPORTSCD is having a 10% off their regular prices sale through 11/20. Olive titles are quite cheap. I bought BRs or LETTER FROM AN UNKNOWN WOMAN, BODY AND SOUL and pre-ordered THE QUIET MAN all for $12.99 ea. For some reason INDISCREET was not up for pre order.

Thanks for the info. I got "No Man of Her Own" (1950), "The Dark Mirror", "Dark City", and "Run For Cover" for 10.96 each after the discount. But yikes! IMPORTSCD has horrendous shipping costs! Almost 3 bucks shipping for the first DVD and 1.50 for all the others???? I would have bought a fifth DVD, maybe more, if they would have had free shipping for some minimum purchase.

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}filmlover, with the negative reviews of the HITCHCOCK set are you still buying. The Australian release is a bit cheaper.

I would but I had to cancel because I need to watch my money right now.

filmlover, I know you buy a lot more than me but even though I am selective there still seems to be so much coming out that I want including several from the TCM vault. They are now having 20% off sale but I want free postage too so I will wait. As I mentioned before rarely do I buy foreign films, no TV shows and rarely films from the 1970's on.

Filmlover and others interested JBHIFIONLINE is having a 20% off sale on BR. The Hitchcock set came down to $79.20 plus 13.67 in postage bringing a grand total of $92.87. What a substantial savings from both Amazon and Amazon UK. Please note this is coming from Australia. Was going to wait until January to buy the set but could not resist at this price. I too am spending a bit too much.

Edge,

Thanks for that information. Good price. However, one thing I noticed at the checkout section...the $ sign refers to the Australian dollar. I checked and $92.87 Aus it will be closer to $96 U.S. Still an excellent price. I shouldn't have but I put an order in because I couldn't resist that price, either.

Amazon is starting its Black Friday week special starting on Monday. Below are things classic related. PLEASE NOTE: You have to be ready when they start to get it in your cart and pay for it right away because oftentimes these BF special on Amazon sell out in the first few seconds, even though they are supposed to be on sale for a few hours.

(ALL TIMES ARE PST)

Wed., Nov. 20

8:20 AM The Prisoner: The Complete Series (DVD $17.99; Blu-ray $22.99)

Thurs. Nov. 22

8:20 AM

The Abbott & Costello Show: The Complete Series $21.99

Ellery Queen Mysteries (TV series with Jim Hutton and lots of guest stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood) $16.49

Fri., Nov. 23

4:20 pm W.C.Fields Comedy Collection $24.49

Sat., Nov. 24

12:20 PM Sherlock Holmes: Complete Collection $34.99

Here's a link to everything

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561yf%256fr%2575m%252d20?ie=UTF8&docId=1000845091&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=1KZMQ1N7NB86NE369Y7Q&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1419986002&pf_rd_i=1000451311&tag=blurayforum-20

Costco is getting ramped up for the holidays, increasing their DVD and Blu-rays. Here are items I have seen recently.

8200720678_b3d335c2e3_z.jpg

8199628879_1020059042_z.jpg

8199628973_99d09606e4_z.jpg

*Sound of Music gift set Blu-ray/DVD $19.99*

8200721232_606afb602f_z.jpg

*All the below (except that Christmas one) are $12.99 each*

8200721288_06319f79ae_z.jpg

*$14.99 each for Novak, Hayworth, and Grant*

8200720856_bc1715a835_z.jpg

*The following shot shows you get two sets of the Fox Classics for $12.99 in one package (that's 8 movies)*

8200720786_71ac214b2c_z.jpg

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Deepdiscount.com has a BF sale on now through the 25th. Some really excellent prices on Kino Blu-rays, lower than I have seen on most Kino titles before.

>

> I also see that they have the VCI Blu-ray of Flame Over India at $8.86.

Wow, those are some good prices on Kinos. Has anyone here bought from this site in the past? It's new to me, and I'm just wondering how the shipping,customer service, etc. stacks up.

> {quote:title=NoraCharles1934 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Deepdiscount.com has a BF sale on now through the 25th. Some really excellent prices on Kino Blu-rays, lower than I have seen on most Kino titles before.

> >

> > I also see that they have the VCI Blu-ray of Flame Over India at $8.86.

> >

> Wow, those are some good prices on Kinos. Has anyone here bought from this site in the past? It's new to me, and I'm just wondering how the shipping,customer service, etc. stacks up.

I ordered two items yesterday and they shipped already. They had been really great at one time, then their service went downhill, but now they seem to be picking up again.

filmlover, sorry I misread I could not believe it got to you that fast. I think mine shipped the same day as yours. Are you curbing your buying this weekend. MOVIES UNLIMITED is having 20% sale plus free postage. There are a few vault items I want but maybe I will wait for the next sale which will probably be around Xmas. I don't know yet about the FOX CONNECT KAZAN discs.