Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

"Laura" can be had on Blu-ray at Costco for $9.99. Not all Costcos seem to have it, and at the Loz Feliz/Glendale warehouse they had only two when I got there. I left the remaining one at the front of the group of Blus there so someone can find it easily. They also still had some of the Hitchcock Blus.

• 3 weeks later...

Best Buy has all the DVD volumes of the George Reeves Superman TV show on special.

$9.99 each.

Season One

Season Two

Season Three & Four

Season Five & Six

And the Two Serials DVD collection with Kirk Alyn is also $9.99.

• 2 weeks later...

Costco has the following on Bluray for only $6.99!!!!

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Fiddler on the Roof (40th Anniversary Edition)

South Pacific

West Side Story (50th Anniversary Edition)

SKU# is 720032

And all have the DVD version in it, too. Except South Pacific which contains 2 Blu-ray discs.

Amazon Deal of the Week until April 20th:

The Blu-ray edition of {font:Calibri}Universal Studios Home Entertainment's 100th Anniversary Collection. for $149.99.{font}

{font:Calibri}The twenty-six-disc set includes:{font}

{font:Calibri} {font}

{font:Calibri}All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) {font}

{font:Calibri}Dracula (1931) {font}

{font:Calibri}Drácula (1931) Spanish version{font}

{font:Calibri}Buck Privates (1941) {font}

{font:Calibri}Pillow Talk (1959) {font}

{font:Calibri}Spartacus (1960) {font}

{font:Calibri}To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) {font}

{font:Calibri}The Birds (1963) {font}

{font:Calibri}American Graffiti (1973) {font}

{font:Calibri}The Sting (1973) {font}

{font:Calibri}Jaws (1975) {font}

{font:Calibri}National Lampoon's Animal House (1978) {font}

{font:Calibri}E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) {font}

{font:Calibri}Scarface (1983) {font}

{font:Calibri}Back to the Future (1985) {font}

{font:Calibri}The Breakfast Club (1985) {font}

{font:Calibri}Out of Africa (1985) {font}

{font:Calibri}Do the Right Thing (1989) {font}

{font:Calibri}Field of Dreams (1989) {font}

{font:Calibri}Jurassic Park (1993) {font}

{font:Calibri}Apollo 13 (1995) {font}

{font:Calibri}The Fast and the Furious (2001) {font}

{font:Calibri}The Bourne Identity (2002) {font}

{font:Calibri}Mamma Mia! (2008) {font}

{font:Calibri}Despicable Me (2010)

{font}

It also contains...

a 72-page book

a DVD containing:

100 Years of Universal

· The Carl Laemmle Era: Explore the early years of Universal and its founder Carle Laemmle.

· The Lew Wasserman Era: A look at Universal under the visionary leadership of Lew Wasserman.

· Academy Award® Winners: A look back at the most honored films in Universal’s history.

· The ‘70s: A look at Universal’s iconic movies and filmmakers during this dynamic decade.

· The ‘80s: Explore Universal’s legacy of groundbreaking movies and filmmakers from this memorable decade.

· The Backlot: A behind-the-scenes look at the movie magic created on the famous Universal Studios lot.

· Unforgettable Characters: Revisit Universal’s most memorable heroes, villains, comedians and screen legends.

· Restoring the Classics: An in-depth look at the intricate process of preserving the studio’s film legacy.

Vintage Cartoons

· Spooks (1930) – A parody of Universal’s Phantom of the Opera featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

· Merry Old Soul (1933) – Universal’s first Academy Award® nominee for Best Short Subject featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

· Wax Works (1934) – A spoof of Universal’s classic monsters featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

· Jolly Little Elves (1934) – A Cartune Classic nominated for Best Short Subject Academy Award.

· Hollywood Bowl (1938) – A Cartune Classic featuring caricatures of some of the most popular Hollywood stars at the time.

· Life Begins for Andy Panda (1939) – Andy Panda in his debut cartoon.

· Knock Knock (1940) – Woody Woodpecker in his debut cartoon.

· Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company ‘B’ (1941) – Academy Award® nominee for Best Short Subject based off the song from Buck Privates.

· The Barber of Seville (1944) – Often considered one of the greatest cartoons from this era featuring Woody Woodpecker.

· Musical Moments from Chopin (1947) – Academy Award® nominee for Best Short Subject featuring Woody Woodpecker.

· Maw and Paw (1953) – Inspired by the popular “Ma and Pa Kettle” film series.

· Chilly Willy (1953) – Chilly Willy in his debut cartoon.

· Crazy Mixed Up Pup (1955) – Academy Award® nominee for Best Short Subject directed by animation legend Tex Avery.

· Sh-h-h-h-h-h (1955) – A Cartune Classic directed by animation legend Tex Avery.

Vintage Shorts

· Runt Page (1932) – Starring Shirley Temple

· Slide, Babe, Slide (1932) – Starring Babe Ruth

· Cartoonland Mysteries (1936) – Go behind the scenes at the Walter Lantz studios as an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon is created in this vintage “Going Places” short.

A 15-Track Music CD Featuring Scores from the Following Films:

· The Bride of Frankenstein

· Touch of Evil

· Psycho

· Spartacus

· To Kill a Mockingbird

· Airport

· The Sting

· Jaws

· E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

· Scarface

· Back to the Future

· Out of Africa

· Jurassic Park

· Apollo 13

· The Bourne Identity

Costco has the following for Blu-ray Criterions for $19.99 each:

The Game

Rosemary's Baby

Anatomy of a Murder

The Man Who Knew Too Much

and the Fox Blu-ray titles for $12.99 each:

Panic in the Streets

River of No Return

Hello, Dolly!

Best Buy has their special "Upgrade And Save" on again starting today and running through May 11, 2013. Bring in any DVD in its original case and they will give you a coupon for $5 off any Blu-ray $9.99 and above. You do not need to get the same title Blu for that title DVD. Any DVD gets $5 off any Blu ($9.99 and above). However, if you take in a multi-disc set, it only counts as one DVD.

For example, the Blu-ray of Lawrence of Arabia is currently $9.99. Trade in a DVD and it is only going to cost you $4.99 (plus tax).

filmlover, does BEST BUY actually have classic titles any more? I have not set foot in that store for about 2 years now ever since I had some major problems with them. I opened an account in the store and the first thing that happened was at the same time someone (I believe someone that worked in BB) picked out an expensive computer and charged on my BB card. I went through so much unnecessary stress with that chain. I had to file a police report and it took a long time to straighten things out. BB wanted me to pay the bill for something I never purchase. I never even got a letter from them stating the problems were all straghtened out. I ripped up my credit card from BB and told them to take me off their email list and since then I never purchased a thing from this store. I do think better buys are to be found on Amazon.

I got an email from Amazon for 62% off Shirley Temple volumes. Normally 49.98, now 18.99 each for the three volumes until April 27. I don't know what the catch is, and it doesn't say they are MOD, but something seems fishy. Just in case anybody wants to check these out here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=pe_218170_29323930_pe_button/?rh=i%3Amovies-tv&hidden-keywords=B00BMJ7ZJM%7CB00BMJ7ZLU%7CB00BMJ7ZP6&ie=UTF8

The three volumes encompass all 18 Shirley Temple films released by Fox so far.

Edge, I would never buy anything electronic from them. If you have a Costco, always buy from them. They are the easiest to deal with if there are any problems.

As to classic titles...yes, BB does...but they are BIG classics, usually. Gone With the Wind, Lawrence, etc. Their clientel is mostly young people, so 99% recent films. 1% classic (if that much). But they have had special promotions from studios. Like a selction of titles on Blu from WB for $4.99, including Cool Hand Luke mixed among them. But you won't fight Olive or Twilight there.

IFor best selection of classics from a B&M, the best bet is Barnes and Noble.

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}I got an email from Amazon for 62% off Shirley Temple volumes. Normally 49.98, now 18.99 each for the three volumes until April 27. I don't know what the catch is, and it doesn't say they are MOD, but something seems fishy. Just in case anybody wants to check these out here's the link:

>

> http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=pe_218170_29323930_pe_button/?rh=i%3Amovies-tv&hidden-keywords=B00BMJ7ZJM%7CB00BMJ7ZLU%7CB00BMJ7ZP6&ie=UTF8

>

> The three volumes encompass all 18 Shirley Temple films released by Fox so far.

>

Word of warning. These sets look just like the Cary Grant Collection featuring his six films owned by the studio. The price (with a discount code) from FoxConnect was good, so I ordered it last week, but it's going back. The paper sleeve packaging is remarkably awful - both volumes arrived with one disc loose and badly scuffed. X-(

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the Burbank Costco today and saw they had several of the double bill classic Blus:

Casablanca/African Queen (item 766487) $12.99

Ben-Hur/Ten Commandments (766487) $12.99

plus the WB triple bill of The Searchers/The Wild Bunch, and How The West Was Won for $9.99

and, of course, the King King digibook for $12.99

I think the Ben-Hur/Ten Commandments combo is a great bargain. Two tremendous movies on 4 discs.

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Looks like you will have to go in the store for Olive Films since I saw them there yesterday and they were all on special.

When you say "they were all on special" do you mean the Olive DVDs and Blu or just Blu? I am only interested in the standard DVDs.

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Looks like you will have to go in the store for Olive Films since I saw them there yesterday and they were all on special.

> When you say "they were all on special" do you mean the Olive DVDs and Blu or just Blu? I am only interested in the standard DVDs.

Just Blu-ray.The special is "All Blu-rays 40% off". Cal, give in and just upgrade to a Blu player. They are exceedingly cheap right now and they play DVDs. too, with a better quality image. As the years have gone by, so many more people are buying a Blu player and it is bringing costs way down. I saw one at Costco a few days ago that plays DVDs, Blu-rays, and 3D Blu-rays, and it was only $109.

And speaking of Costco...if you are a member, you can buy a Blu player and test it out for a few days. If you don't like it, you can just tell the person at the Costco return desk whatever and they will refund your money in full.

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

> > > {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Looks like you will have to go in the store for Olive Films since I saw them there yesterday and they were all on special.

> > When you say "they were all on special" do you mean the Olive DVDs and Blu or just Blu? I am only interested in the standard DVDs.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Just Blu-ray.The special is "All Blu-rays 40% off". Cal, give in and just upgrade to a Blu player. They are exceedingly cheap right now and they play DVDs. too, with a better quality image. As the years have gone by, so many more people are buying a Blu player and it is bringing costs way down. I saw one at Costco a few days ago that plays DVDs, Blu-rays, and 3D Blu-rays, and it was only $109.

>

> And speaking of Costco...if you are a member, you can buy a Blu player and test it out for a few days. If you don't like it, you can just tell the person at the Costco return desk whatever and they will refund your money in full.

>

Not this month. I was very bad this morning and bought a bunch of Olives over at cdimports. I hate their outrageous shipping prices but still the total price comes in under what you'd pay anywhere else. Eight films for 99 bucks.