Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

All DVD releases of My Little Margie consist of varying quality episodes.

They range from highly acceptable to dismal with the best episodes usually at the beginning of any particular disc. Overall I'm pretty happy with the commercial releases but not so much with the ones from the Gale Storm website.

I just have a regular television set still though not HD.

For roughly $1 per episode you can't go wrong, IMHO.

Message was edited by: Snorky

For the two film noirs that were released by MGM the studio went to the original UA source negative which MGM owns and released a great print. The same thing happened when FOX finally released two films THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO and THE LITTLE PRINCESS. The put out beautiful prints of films that fell into public domain.

Yep Mill Creek, Brentwood, and Madacy oh and Front Entertaining, you will get your money's worth for crappy print quality.

My mom had gotten Life with Father from Madacy, you cant see anything you cant hear anything, she gave me the DVD back

I steer clear of those crap packs most of the time...

Everything I've seen from Alpha Video has looked pretty good considering. I think unlike Madacy and the others, they care about putting out a quality version and are just limited by what they can find. But it seems like the others just transfer a VHS print to DVD and then don't even bother tweaking it for, say, light contrast or volume, or even framing.

Wow, I spent WAY TOO MUCH on the various online and in-store discounts this week. I don't even want to know the total (so don't anybody else try to tell me, please). Some titles I wouldn't have normally bought (such as the TV shows), but some had prices so ridicuously low, I couldn't pass them up. Here's what I've bought/ordered in the last week or so:

The Garbo Signature Collection (got it used for $38)

Ox-Bow Incident

The Best of Everything

Orchestra Wives

The Rains Came

The Snake Pit

Anna Karenina

The Razor?s Edge

Desk Set

River?s Edge

2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray)

The Shining (Blu-ray)

Eyes Wide Shut (Blu-ray)

The Lone Ranger ? The Legend Begins (contains the first serial plus Clayton Moore shows)

Huh?Hush, Sweet Charlotte

A Christmas Carol

4 Film Favorites: John Wayne

4 Film Favorites: Draculas

Superman the Movie (Blu-ray)

Las Vegas Seasons 1,2,3

Monk Seasons 1,2,3,4

Twin Peaks Goldset

Fire Walk With Me

Betty Grable Collection vol. 1

Alice Faye Collection

Hidden Hollywood

Once Upon a Time in the West

Adventures of Robin Hood HD-DVD

Casablanca HD-DVD

Forbidden Planet HD-DVD

Love is a Many Spendored Thing

Inner Sanctum Mysteries Collection

Best of TV Detectives

Sergio Leone Anthology

Best of Jack Benny

The 17 DVD Fox Film Noir group from Amazon

Laurel and Hardy Collection Vol. 1 (Fox)

Wonder Woman Season 1

Towering Inferno/Volcano double feature

Rising Sun/Sugar Hill double feature

Bedazzled/The Scout double feature

Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection

Batman (1966)

Four Weddings and a Funeral

NYPD Blue Seasons 1,2,3,4

Nip/Tuck Seasons 1,2,3

Criminal Minds Season 1

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Season 2

X-Men 3 (Blu-ray)

From Hell (Blu-ray)

Day After Tomorrow (Blu-ray)

The Terminator (Blu-ray)

From the Earth to the Moon (TV)

Rain Man

Far and Away

House Seasons 1,2

Sense and Sensibilty

Hairspray (Blu-ray)

and two or three others

Luckily, some of it was on trade credit. And I figure on some of the TV seasons that I got so low, I can watch them to catch up on them and sell to break even or better.

Buy.com's Thanksgiving sale includes Cyber Monday and ends today.

Conveniently, they have a seperate category for Classic Movies

that includes 200 movies:

http://www.buy.com/popcategory/q/cat/46897/loc/322/Classics.html

Box Sets:

http://www.buy.com/popcategory/q/cat/46889/loc/322/Gift-Sets.html

(incl. Bogie and Bacall Signature Collection for half-price - $20.00)

Super Deals:

http://www.buy.com/specialty_store_6b/rock-bottom-dvd-sale/61856.html

(incl. Steve McQueen Collection for $20.00, reg. $68.92)

The DVD splash-page:

http://www.buy.com/popdepartment/q/loc/322/46888.html

Free shipping over $25.

Thanks again for the heads up on the Oldies.com sale, Web!

I purchased the three Gale Storm movies Let's Go Collegiate, Uncle Joe, Freckles Comes Home

and The Betty Hutton Show all $5.36 each!

Plus, a couple I planned to purchase but was waiting for a better price on -

When Comedy Was King and The Sin Of Nora Moran both

$17.95 each, saving $9.00 over Amazon's current prices on just those two titles alone!

Wow! Check this out. Not 40% but 50% off. This brings the prices below anything DD and Planet had on VCI stuff. Just got this email.

On Friday NOVEMBER 23rd?VCI offered 40% off ALL DVDs on our entire library of DVD?s (including clearance and sale? also includes all box sets as well!)

Unfortunately due to our website being recently updated the shopping cart didn?t configure correctly which offset the expiration of the coupon. We have fixed this error and are now making amends.

From Wednesday November 28th to Sunday December 2nd , VCI will offer everyone 50% off on website orders by using the following coupon code: XDNIVM

We are talking every single DVD at VCI is 50% off for 5 days! This is a great deal for anyone planning on purchasing any DVDs this holiday season. Still trying to figure out what to get Dad or that one family member you just can?t quite figure out what to buy them! Well look no further! Everyone loves movies and VCI has the largest amount of hard to find cult and classic hits that Hollywood has to offer!

VCI has set the coupon up to expire on Sunday December 2nd at 11:59 pm (central time). As always nothing is 100% perfect and if something does happen, our customer service department is available for assistance M-F 8:30 am to 5:30 pm central time ? 800.331.4077

Wow. This brings the price of the FORGOTTEN NOIR Collections down from $29.99 to $14.99 each. Blonde Ice- $4.99. And Then There Were None- $2.99!

Will the temptations never end!

VCI has an online video gazette. You need to click into it. It took a little hunting to find it. Its in the box announcing A CHRISTMAS CAROL. The gazette should list all titles on VCI. Some titles I forgot about were SO ENDS OUR NIGHT with Fredric March and Margaret Sullivan and MOON AND SIXPENCE with George Sanders. BTW the gazette is 16 pages long and its a bit slow getting into it and out of it. Also, I am not sure where you would put the code in to get the 50% discount, so I am going to call their 800 number.

Check this out. Not 40% but 50% off. This brings the prices below anything DD and Planet had on VCI stuff.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Michael Corleone had it right. This sale was too good to pass over. Especially since it seems like the 50% off is on top of any discounts they are already applying. For example, many of the serials are normally $19.99 but they have a 25% off sale, bringing it down to $14.99. I ordered some of them last night and used the new code and I got them for $7.50 each! And some of those were titles they had at $29.99, so that equals 75% off the $29.99 serials. I've already got it but now wpold be the best time for anyone to order the new special edition of A Christmas Carol. The regular price is $19.99 and they already have a sale in price marking it down to $14.99, so if the code works on it, you would get it for $7.50!

In addition to serials, I ordered Chu Chin Chow, Pippin, Somewhere in Dreamland, and Fractured Flickers.

And get this. When you buy all 6 of the Classic Westerns, which are $4.99 each, they take 50% off and then with the coupon you get 50% off of that. So they come out to something like $1.23 per disc. Check them out, they got 4 movies in each.

CLASSIC WESTERNS - TEX RITTER FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BOB BAKER FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BOB STEELE FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BUSTER CRABBE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - JOHNNY MACK BROWN

CLASSIC WESTERNS -SINGING COWBOYS

Also, the RED RYDER DOUBLE FEATUREs Vol 1-12 are $4.99 each and worth it.

And MOVIE BAD GIRLS DOUBLE FEATURE: Sins of Jezebel & Queen of the Amazons- $4.99

And get this. When you buy all 6 of the Classic Westerns, which are $4.99 each, they take 50% off and then with the coupon you get 50% off of that. So they come out to something like $1.23 per disc. Check them out, they got 4 movies in each.

CLASSIC WESTERNS - TEX RITTER FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BOB BAKER FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BOB STEELE FOUR FEATURE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - BUSTER CRABBE

CLASSIC WESTERNS - JOHNNY MACK BROWN

CLASSIC WESTERNS -SINGING COWBOYS

Also, the RED RYDER DOUBLE FEATUREs Vol 1-12 are $4.99 each and worth it.

And MOVIE BAD GIRLS DOUBLE FEATURE: Sins of Jezebel & Queen of the Amazons- $4.99

I would purchase more copies of My Little Margie for half price!

Unfortunately they've either run out of stock or removed that item temporarily for the sale

because, unlike a couple days ago, it will not even come up in a search!

Pretty sad when a company can't keep their own titles available and

I'm sure they're not giving rainchecks for items that "don't exist"!

Well, I'll have to take a look to see what else they have and cut them some slack.

Any company that's brought My Little Margie to DVD can't be all bad!

Here's the ones that caught my eye -

not sure which one's I'm getting yet though.

Leon Errol Two-Reeler Comedy Collection

Alice in Cartoonland

Captain Video (on Art Carney's recommendation!)

Fractured Flickers - regular price $25!

Somewhere in Dreamland (Fleischer animation)

I notice they have a few Buck Jones titles but not

Empty Saddles (1936) with Louise Brooks

They all seem to be in stock,

EXCEPT - the two volumes of the I Married Joan television show

have also gone missing just like the two volume set of My Little Margie!