Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Sales of Classic Titles on DVD & Blu-ray

filmlover

On 7/1/2022 at 8:28 AM, LsDoorMat said:

The semi annual Barnes and Noble 50% off sale for Criterions is now live.  This sale usually lasts through the end of July, but I don't have a hard end date at this time. Happy hunting. 

Criterion’s email about the sale says it lasts through July 31:

THE CRITERION COLLECTION
JULY 1, 2022

original.jpg?1656122903

The Barnes & Noble sale starts today! All Criterion Blu-rays, DVDs, and 4K UHD discs are 50% off, both online and in stores, through July 31.

Shop from over 1,000 films, including new editions of Drive My Car, Pink Flamingos,Summertime, and The Worst Person in the World. Plus: new 4K UHD editions of Double Indemnity, Shaft, Okja, Raging Bull, The Virgin Suicides, and Devil in a Blue Dress.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So here we are at the end of July and the final day of the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale (which was also matched by Amazon). Did anyone get anything this go around?

I upgraded a few of my DVDs to Blu-rays, and also got a few titles I didn't have: The Girl Can't Help ItTampopo, and The Piano Teacher.

30 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

So here we are at the end of July and the final day of the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale (which was also matched by Amazon). Did anyone get anything this go around?

I upgraded a few of my DVDs to Blu-rays, and also got a few titles I didn't have: The Girl Can't Help ItTampopo, and The Piano Teacher.

I only got a couple Criterion.  I upgraded my DVD of Double Indemnity to the Criterion 4K.  I also got The Girl Can't Help It

I know today is the last day of the sale, but I don't know if there is anything else that I need at this moment.  I have a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card; but I also have $60 in credit on Criterion.Com, so I might just wait for the flash sale where I'll pick up Arsenic and Old Lace--hopefully.

• Like 1

At the July sale, I upgraded my Double Indemnity and Summertime discs to blu Ray, and purchased, for the first time, Love Affair, Written on the Wind, In the Heat of the Night, Raisin in the Sun, and One Night in Miami.

I really love the two Criterion/B&N sales each year — they’re definitely where I get most of my Criterion discs.  The sales probably represent most of my B&N purchases, too.

• Like 1