Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rest in Peace Gene Wilder - A Statistical Look At 22 Wilder movies.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/gene-wilder-movies/

We ranked his movies using a combination of box office results, reviews and awards....our Top 5
5th Willy Wonka (it was a box office disappointment)
4th Stir Crazy
3rd Silver Streak
2nd Blazing Saddles
1st Young Frankenstein

Worst
Bronze Medal....Hanky Panky
Silver Medal....Another You
Gold Medal......Funny About Love

• Like 1

Thanks TopBilled….Wilder joins a list of movie people that have gotten me motivated to write a page when I heard about their passing….it does not happen everytime…..just when I feel contacted to the star for some reason. Others that I felt that way about: Harold Ramis (all those great 1980s comedies), Tony Scott (so many great action movies), David Bowie (more for the music than the movies), Roger Ebert (my favorite movie critic) and Leonard Nimoy (Spock felt like a family member). Gene Wilder now joins that group. Speaking of Nimoy….his final words to us…might be the best farewell ever: “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP”

• Like 1

Thanks TopBilled….Wilder joins a list of movie people that have gotten me motivated to write a page when I heard about their passing….it does not happen everytime…..just when I feel contacted to the star for some reason. Others that I felt that way about: Harold Ramis (all those great 1980s comedies), Tony Scott (so many great action movies), David Bowie (more for the music than the movies), Roger Ebert (my favorite movie critic) and Leonard Nimoy (Spock felt like a family member). Gene Wilder now joins that group. Speaking of Nimoy….his final words to us…might be the best farewell ever: “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP”

Yes, I was going to ask how you selected the ones you profile. 

I would like to suggest a page on Betty Hutton musical comedies, since she was a big draw for Paramount in the 40s and early 50s. 

And I think it would be interesting if you did one on a singing cowboy like Roy Rogers or Gene Autry, who made so many pictures and delighted western audiences for many years.

Hey Top Billed….I will add Betty Hutton to the request list. I will look at Autry and Rogers as well……but since many of their movies were serials it might be difficult to get the box office numbers I need to do these pages. Thanks for the suggestions.

Great...can't wait to see Betty Hutton's "stats."

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-08-30%2Bat%2B4.17.0

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the schedule change for the 29th, I wish they'd also show Blazing SaddlesWilly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Producers. You can't pay a tribute to the man without these, though I'm glad they put Young Frankenstein on there.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings