Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LornaHansonForbes

Welcome Home, Count Dracula.

(and to continue my ramble on arches or in this case, their absence)

one big reason why the "drawing room" scenes of the movie clunk so hard is their uninspired set design, I hate the drawing room and terrace sets, there is NOTHING interesting going on in them visually (call it a quibble, if you will, but the upholstery is distractingly awful on the terrace furniture), and quite frankly, I sometimes wonder if they blew the budget on the Castle/Abbey sets to where they had to settle on a redressed set from some "cafe society" comedy.

And now for a musical interlude:

omg, that was great!

and the lyrics kinda fit too!

("waiting for the daylight to fade...")

The Unofficial Ballad of The Wives of Count Dracula....

• Like 1

House of Dracula. Bad. Real bad. I have never liked this movie. The story stinks, the acting stinks, everything stinks. Now I like John Carradine. But his Dracula is putrid. I'm okay with the cape, but the opera hat is dumb. It works for Lugosi in Dracula because he is attending a show where the men wore such hats. But Latos just looks plain dopey walking around in that thing. The only thing this film has going for it, and this is only my humble opinion, is the transformation from man to bat and back again. I don't know if Carradine came up with the hop to transform, but it's so cool. I've always thought that was the best transformation from man to bat in film.

House of Dracula. Bad. Real bad. I have never liked this movie. The story stinks, the acting stinks, everything stinks. Now I like John Carradine. But his Dracula is putrid. I'm okay with the cape, but the opera hat is dumb. It works for Lugosi in Dracula because he is attending a show where the men wore such hats. But Latos just looks plain dopey walking around in that thing. The only thing this film has going for it, and this is only my humble opinion, is the transformation from man to bat and back again. I don't know if Carradine came up with the hop to transform, but it's so cool. I've always thought that was the best transformation from man to bat in film.

I'm afraid I don't agree with you. Any movie with a hunchbacked nurse has merit. 

House-of-Dracula_03.jpg

• Like 1

House of Dracula. Bad. Real bad. I have never liked this movie. The story stinks, the acting stinks, everything stinks. Now I like John Carradine. But his Dracula is putrid. I'm okay with the cape, but the opera hat is dumb. It works for Lugosi in Dracula because he is attending a show where the men wore such hats. But Latos just looks plain dopey walking around in that thing. The only thing this film has going for it, and this is only my humble opinion, is the transformation from man to bat and back again. I don't know if Carradine came up with the hop to transform, but it's so cool. I've always thought that was the best transformation from man to bat in film.

YES!

YES!

YES!

usually I'm the one slamming this movie, and invariably some poster comes forward with the fact that they like it a lot, I don't know why.

If Carradine's DRACULA in bat-form also wore a tiny little top hat, I would forgive the wardrobe decision, but otherwise yes it's a really stupid touch.

I'm afraid I don't agree with you. Any movie with a hunchbacked nurse has merit. 

House-of-Dracula_03.jpg

Jane Adams was a lovely-looking lady. Formerly known as Poni Adams, she apparently got some help changing her first name:

J55J0IE.png

• Like 1

In re: Jane (nee' Poni) Adams:

I agree she's lovely.

I agree she's one of the few things HOUSE OF DRACULA has going for it.

I like her in THE BRUTE MAN too.

But Poni is a TERRRRIBLE name.

The people at the Birth Certificate Registry should've shut that down on the spot: "Poni with an "I" you say? Yeah, sorry that's not allowed by State law. It's on the list with Adolf with an "f" and Maurice. Sorry...Pick another name for your kid- preferably not one of the worst ever, Thanks."

the unforgettable performance of jack palance as dracula.

Seriously one of the best yet rarely viewed  Draculas. Good choice. Surprisingly the Louis Jourdan one also still sticks in my memory from tv viewing.

YES!

YES!

YES!

usually I'm the one slamming this movie, and invariably some poster comes forward with the fact that they like it a lot, I don't know why.

If Carradine's DRACULA in bat-form also wore a tiny little top hat, I would forgive the wardrobe decision, but otherwise yes it's a really stupid touch.

I like that idee - the hat on the bat. And there he was again in Billy the Kid VS Dracula. Whoo boy... I got to wondering just how Dracula got that bed in that cave. Was it delivered or did he carry it there himself and then make it? Could have used a night stand and a lamp, maybe some throw pillows...

Seriously one of the best yet rarely viewed  Draculas. Good choice. Surprisingly the Louis Jourdan one also still sticks in my memory from tv viewing.

seriously, nobody could do this kinda genre quite as good as the late great dan curtis. like at the end of his dracula, palance walks in on van helsing and his protege and calmly says "you are in my domain, gentlemen, you will not leave".

great, great melodramatics that quite frankly makes alotta this other oft-mentioned stuff look sick.

:)

*You must've accidentally clicked "yes" when it asked if you were OK with Men who Perm.

My quiz result was actually "Frankenstein's Monster", but that was most likely based on my tendency to strangle hunchbacks that wave lit torches in my face, That, and I have really tall feet so that my shoes look like I have lifts in them.

• Like 1

I am Frankenstein's Monster. Probably because I've had too many drinks with the likes of Ernest Thesiger (whose cousin Wilfred is actually one of my heroes). 

thesiger_1464664c.jpg

• Like 2

I am Frankenstein's Monster. Probably because I've had too many drinks with the likes of Ernest Thesiger (whose cousin Wilfred is actually one of my heroes).

thesiger_1464664c.jpg

FUN FACT:

Thesiger family reunions were outlawed by an Act of Parliament passed in 1954.

I had this fella in my mind too. Transylvania 6500 with Bugs Bunny?

YES!

Honestly, my FAVORITE CARTOON OF ALL TIME.

There is not so much as a background detail about it that I do not LOVE.

"You vouldn't heet a bat vith glahsses on, vould you?"

• Like 1

YES!

Honestly, my FAVORITE CARTOON OF ALL TIME.

There is not so much as a background detail about it that I do not LOVE.

"You vouldn't heet a bat vith glahsses on, vould you?"

Abracapokus!

FUN FACT:

Thesiger family reunions were outlawed by an Act of Parliament passed in 1954.

Ernest died in 1961, Sir Wilfred in 2003. Both were of the Chelmsford Family. Here is Sir Wilfred with Emperor Haile Selassie:

422655.jpg

Sir Wilfred's collection is housed in the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford. Photographs include his attendance at the coronation of Haile Selassie in 1930.

http://www.prmprints.com/image/422702/duke-of-gloucesters-delegation

• Like 2