Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeCzernak

Shockwave Flash crash for TCM on demand with Chrome/Xfinity

I use my Xfinity account to watch TCM On Demand using Google Chrome.  This worked until mid-August.  At that point, a few minutes into the movie, I get a "Shockwave Flash Crash" message.  This has happened every time I try to watch a movie.  It does not happen when I watch movies on other sites such as FXM.  It does happen with other browsers as well, although I mainly use Chrome because I want to cast to the TV.

I looked at other posts about problems with Chrome and Shockwave.  I do not have Ad Block installed.  I have only one instance of Flash installed.  I have the most up-to-date Chrome (52.0.2743.116 m) and Shockwave player (12.2).

The latest info I can find online is this: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/how-stop-shockwave-flash-crashing-in-google-chrome-dead-3332967/. It says that "as of September 2016 (in Chrome v53), Google Chrome will no longer support Adobe Flash."  It also says that any problems are probably those of the Flash content provider.  I don't know if this applies to TCM.

I'd appreciate any help on this.  I'm missing a lot of movies.

Thanks.