Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DED BOB

Sepiatone

It's that time of year again----time for the annual MICHIGAN RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL in Holly, MI.

I've only been to it a few times (THREE to be exact), and was never all that much impressed with it all, save for the "Soup in a bread bowl" and one other thing....

Whle walking around trying to find something interesting, my wife and I noticed the sign outside a small ampitheater they have there, an upcoming show featuring something or somebody called "DED BOB".

Intrigued by the name, we decided to see the show.  Ded Bob turned out to be a skeletal ventriloquism type puppet in Medieval clothing carried around by a guy dressed in some kind of REAPER outfit( who obviously provided the voice for Ded Bob) and did sarcastic and insult comedy.  I LOVED it!  Only went the other two times to this festival just to see DED BOB( I even bought a "I've been BOBMOTIZED" T-shirt).  That little guy cracked me UP!

Anyway, I was wondering since MANY places around the country hold such festivals, has anyone else here ever gone to them?  And....HAVE any of you kind folks ever SEEN DED BOB?

Sepiatone

It's that time of year again----time for the annual MICHIGAN RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL in Holly, MI.

I've only been to it a few times (THREE to be exact), and was never all that much impressed with it all, save for the "Soup in a bread bowl" and one other thing....

Whle walking around trying to find something interesting, my wife and I noticed the sign outside a small ampitheater they have there, an upcoming show featuring something or somebody called "DED BOB".

Intrigued by the name, we decided to see the show.  Ded Bob turned out to be a skeletal ventriloquism type puppet in Medieval clothing carried around by a guy dressed in some kind of REAPER outfit( who obviously provided the voice for Ded Bob) and did sarcastic and insult comedy.  I LOVED it!  Only went the other two times to this festival just to see DED BOB( I even bought a "I've been BOBMOTIZED" T-shirt).  That little guy cracked me UP!

Anyway, I was wondering since MANY places around the country hold such festivals, has anyone else here ever gone to them?  And....HAVE any of you kind folks ever SEEN DED BOB?

Sepiatone

the ex usd to luv them why I dumpedher.

• Like 1

Sepiatone

That's a relief. I thought that Dole had passed on.

the ex usd to luv them why I dumpedher.

Oh c'mon, Rip! Fess up here, why doncha!

The reason you dumped her was KIND'A because of this, but it REALLY was more because she kept referring to you as "Dummy" once too many times, RIGHT?!

;)

First, I'd like to thank Lawrence for the photo.  And I think it's weird that RipMurdock, or anyone ELSE to hit the "like" feature on THEIR OWN POSTS!!

I don't believe that Bob and Dunham's "Achmed" are the same  sort of thing.  First off, Bob isn't a ventriloquist act, as one can gather from the photo that the man holding Bob has his face hidden, and doesn't need to BE a ventriloquist. AND that Bob has been doing his thing before anyone ever HEARD of Jeff Dunham.  One could say that maybe Jeff got the idea for Achmed from Bob, but I doubt it.  ;)

Sepiatone

First, I'd like to thank Lawrence for the photo.  And I think it's weird that RipMurdock, or anyone ELSE to hit the "like" feature on THEIR OWN POSTS!!

I don't believe that Bob and Dunham's "Achmed" are the same  sort of thing.  First off, Bob isn't a ventriloquist act, as one can gather from the photo that the man holding Bob has his face hidden, and doesn't need to BE a ventriloquist. AND that Bob has been doing his thing before anyone ever HEARD of Jeff Dunham.  One could say that maybe Jeff got the idea for Achmed from Bob, but I doubt it.  ;)

Sepiatone

Yeah, good point, Sepia.

So in essence the act YOU saw was more an update of THIS guy here, RIGHT?!...

the-unknown-comic-2.jpg

(...but instead of this guy from that old TV show, the guy YOU saw at that Renascence Fair was more "The Unknown Ventriloquist", RIGHT?!)

;)

• Like 1

Yeah, good point, Sepia.

So in essence the act YOU saw was more an update of THIS guy here, RIGHT?!...

the-unknown-comic-2.jpg

(...but instead of this guy from that old TV show, the guy YOU saw at that Renascence Fair was more "The Unknown Ventriloquist", RIGHT?!)

;)

Okay I take that back.  I watched about 10 minutes of one of his gigs, and unless there is something I missed (a whole lot), the Gong Show is about where he belongs.

The ten or so minutes I watched he spent on announcing his entry, then making a late entry, setting up his show and instructing the audience on how to watch his show (when to be quiet, when to laugh, etc).  I was waiting for the first punchline and thinking to myself "wait a minute..."  "no"  "wait a minute..."   "here it comes"  "no..."  "wait a minute..."  "no...".  "nevermimd...".

Hey, "The Unknown Comic's" ventriloquist act was hilarious!

Remember when he held up his hand with that little LUNCHBAG over it?

As for Bob, we all know comedy is subjective.  Like, many folks in here will go on and on about "Seinfeld" and often make referrences to the show, or it's characters.  While I could never figure out what the big draw was.  Saw maybe two episodes and figured, "meh".

I'm the same with JIMMY FALLON, and haven't watched the "Tonight Show" since he took over.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings