Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor Jon Polito (1950-2016)

jakeem

Actor Jon Polito, who starred in the acclaimed NBC television series "Homicide: Life on the Street" and appeared in several films by Joel and Ethan Coen, has died at the age of 65.

A veteran of more than 100 films and television shows, Polito played Baltimore police detective Steve Crosetti during the first two seasons of "Homicide" (1993-1994). He also had roles in five of the Coen Brothers' pictures: "Miller's Crossing" (1990), "Barton Fink" (1991), "The Hudsucker Proxy" (1994), "The Big Lebowski" (1998) and "The Man Who Wasn't There" (2001).

He died one month after the passing of another cast member of "The Big Lebowski." Actor David Huddleston, who played the movie's title character, died on August 2, 2016 at the age of 85.

7ffc91af4afb825766e000c9a314843f.jpg

Polito in "Miller's Crossing"

"Seinfeld" enthusiasts will remember Polito from the Season 9 episode "The Reverse Peephole." He appeared as Silvio the building landlord who attempted to evict Newman (Wayne Knight).

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/jon-polito-roles-coen-brother-films-dead-65-article-1.2775628

• Like 1

Dying at 65 is pretty young nowadays (although when I was a kid, 65 seemed and looked pretty old).  I enjoyed watching him in his various roles on the big and small screen.  I thought he was particularly funny as Earl Chambers, the rival and nemesis of Jay Pritchett in the closet industry on Modern Family.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings