Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

marooned

NipkowDisc

john sturges' marooned was on a few nites ago at 4 am. I set my vcr to record it. always an enjoyable film to sit through. after they launch the rescue vehicle and the film starts to focus on the dwindling oxygen in the command module is where the ending goes awry.

the russians drift on by to save the day which I have no problem with other than it's not imo terribly dramatic.

I think it woulda been better if even before they shot janssen off the astronauts themselves coulda found a way to get that retro engine to fire.

they coulda had buzz get real worked up after talking to marriette hartley and have him wack that little green light and varoom! :) 

I think the whole thing with the russians at the end muddled the whole film.

remake it and this time make it two male astronauts and a female astronaut. :)

With the talk of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on the other thread, a bit of public-domain weaselry and title-change resulted in "Marooned" being the biggest "real" studio movie to be heckled on the series:

remake it and this time make it two male astronauts and a female astronaut.

They did, in 3D, and because the female was Sandra Bullock, she took over the entire second half of the movie.   :angry: 

• Like 1

remake it and this time make it two male astronauts and a female astronaut.

Come and knock on our airlock (come and knock on our airlock)

We've been waiting for you (we've been waiting for you)

There's a lovable space that needs your face

Three's cosmonaut too....

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings