Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ice skating musicals

TopBilled

On 9/7/2016 at 5:02 PM, rayban said:

Jarrod, I have seen that one.

Okay..it's in Technicolor. Most of Sonja Henie's films were in black-and-white. In the days ahead, I will probably post pictures from her movies in this thread. I'd also like to discuss the ice skating films of Belita and Vera Ralston.

• Like 1

Okay..it's in Technicolor. Most of Sonja Henie's films were in black-and-white. In the days ahead, I will probably post pictures from her movies in this thread. I'd also like to discuss the ice skating films of Belita and Vera Ralston.

Wow!

Vera Ralston, such an interesting screen career, and all I can think of right now is "Fair Wind To Java".

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 7:01 AM, rayban said:

Wow!

Vera Ralston, such an interesting screen career, and all I can think of right now is "Fair Wind To Java".

Glad to see a fellow Vera Ralston fan. And yes, FAIR WIND TO JAVA is one of her best-- but she was in a lot of interesting films at Republic. Looking at her later stuff, it's hard to believe she began as an ice skater. 

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-09-04%2Bat%2B8.43.1

She only made four films as a skater for Republic, before branching out into other genres. In her first one, she performs as part of the Ice Capades. She gets more screen time in the follow-up movie called ICE CAPADES REVUE, and at that point, you can see she is being groomed for bigger things.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings