Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*I think my other post was deleted? If so thank you!*

Anyways, I wanted to post this since the subject of slapstick in cartoons has been brought up, I was wondering how people feel about anime? I know most anime is rather dramatic and dark, but some of Japan's anime, is very humorous and beyond entertaining. I find myself enjoying it more than most live action comedy I see now a day. One example of an anime that to me, fills every ingredient to what makes a slapstick comedy is the 2006 anime "Ouran Highschool Host Club" which is about Scholarship student Haruhi Fujioka, who is in debt to the school's host club boys for breaking one of their vases. In order to pay her debt of 8,000,000 Yen, she has to join the host club and pretend to be a boy. I for one adore this anime, and I find it's humor to be very exaggerated, type violent, traditional, and just overall fun, and I believe it would be fun for anyone who watches it. It has wonderful themes that not only touch today's society but I believe also hits back to the golden years, on both negative and positive sides.

This is episode one, sadly you need a YT account to watch it, but if anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to supply a link where you can watch it! Both subbed and dubbed version! Does anyone else know or think another anime falls into this category? Do you believe that anime in general holds some form of Slapstick?

Edited by TCMModerator1
Video removed due to copyright concerns
  • Like 1

There's an anime-style tribute to "You Can't Do That On Television"---the made-in-Canada slapstick show by kids, for kids, that was Nickelodeon's first big hit, and the source of its famous "Green Slime". (Here's an article discussing the slapstick in the original "YCDTOTV": http://splitsider.com/2012/03/so-you-think-you-cant-do-that-on-television/ )

The full video of the tribute ("You Still Can't") used to be on YouTube, but has since been taken down. However, you can watch it here: http://www.ycdtotv.com/ysc/index.php?p=ysc

I was cast as the voice of Mom/the Librarian, in "You Still Can't". Then the person voicing Rhona dropped out, so I was asked to step into the role. (It was my idea to give her a retainer, hence her slight speech impediment.) Then the person voicing Jason dropped out, so I stepped into that role too. In one sketch, I voiced all 3 characters...

Here's a photo of the last surviving bit of authentic Green Slime ever dropped in the original CJOH studio, in Ottawa, Canada. It was concocted by the original prop-man, using the original formula, and dropped at the 2006 Slimecon convention. Then, the studios were sealed (for tax reasons), and were destroyed by a fire, a few years later. My bottle of Green Slime has been in my freezer, ever since. That's why it's the only one that didn't ferment and explode.

Here's a photo of the last surviving bit of authentic Green Slime ever dropped in the original CJOH studio, in Ottawa, Canada. It was concocted by the original prop-man, using the original formula, and dropped at the 2006 Slimecon convention. Then, the studios were sealed (for tax reasons), and were destroyed by a fire, a few years later. My bottle of Green Slime has been in my freezer, ever since. That's why it's the only one that didn't ferment and explode.

Would you believe... HERE'S the last authentic Green Slime in captivity.

And Slimecon was in 2004, not 2006. Tempus fugit!

post-60373-0-23468900-1473348039_thumb.jpg