Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Everybody Seeing Closed Captions ON TCM Today?

TomJH

That's what I've been seeing through both broadcasts My Brother Talks to Horses and Little Women today, running along the bottom of the screen every time someone speaks.

I can't correct it on my remote control and when I called my provider (Shaw Direct in Canada), the technician on the phone changed his channel to TCM and told me he was seeing the captions on the channel, as well, they (Shaw) have no way of activating them and they are coming from TCM itself.

This, to put it mildly, ruins any recording I want to make.

So, are others seeing them too?

Thanks, Kid. Maybe it's my Canadian provider.

Well Tom, then there's certainly at least ONE way you might be able to confirm that your closed caption issue here is Canadian based, ya know.

Now, while seeing those closed captions, tell me here...Did you happen to notice the presence of any of those superfluous letter "u"s within those captions? Well, IF ya did, then of course there's a VERY good possibility that your suspicions here might be right on the mark!

(...now c'mon Tom ol' boy...with a setup like yours here, you HAD to know I'd once again be too tempted to not go for this now hackneyed old "superfluous u" joke of mine here, now didn't YA?!!!)

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings