Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dakota Oil Access Pipeline?

Who's Banking on the Dakota Access Pipeline?

The Standing Rock Sioux are inspiring the world with their resistance against the pipeline. But it’s not just Big Oil and Gas that they’re opposing....

"When the Army Corps of Engineers issued a permit for the 1,100-mile Dakota Access Pipeline in July, executives at the corporations behind the plan probably thought their path forward was clear. They’d moved easily through the permit process, seemingly dodging the concerns of people affected by the pipeline, and were ready to go ahead with construction.

But the communities in the pipeline’s path, especially local tribes, had other ideas. Thousands of people, mostly Native Americans, have converged at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota in an effort to stop the pipeline from being built.

The Standing Rock Sioux call the pipeline a black snake, and they know that if it were to rupture and spill — a serious risk, given the well-documented history of pipeline leaks in the U.S. — it could poison their drinking water and pollute their sacred land....

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/09/07/whos-banking-dakota-access-pipeline

Jill Stein, facing possible charges for protest, calls out Dakota Access Pipeline for “vandalism on steroids”: unleashing attack dogs, endangering water and climate, and destroying sacred sites--

Stein issued the following statement Wednesday: "I hope the North Dakota authorities press charges against the real vandalism taking place at the Standing Rock Sioux reservation: the bulldozing of sacred burial sites and the unleashing of vicious attack dogs. I hope they take action against the Dakota Access Pipeline company that is endangering drinking water not only for the Standing Rock Sioux, but for millions of people downstream of the reservation who depend on the Missouri River.

"The pipeline will carry up to 570,000 barrels of highly polluting Bakken crude oil per day. This would be another deadly blow to a climate teetering on the brink. It cannot be allowed to go forward."...

http://www.jill2016.com/north_dakota

• Like 1

FYI....

Federal Agency Busted in Elaborate Scheme to Sell Native American Land to Corporations-

"A report from the Interior Department discovered that in 2015, 60% of Native landowners made less than $25 from leasing and other land-related income, with some getting only a few pennies. In contrast, huge corporations such as Koch Industries, Wal-Mart, Dollar General and many more made well over $5 billion from resources extracted from Native land.

“people will sign for food or gas money,” partly due to the fact that the BIA will deliberately keep Natives from knowing what their land is actually worth....

http://usuncut.com/news/federal-agency-busted-elaborate-scheme-sell-native-american-land-corporations/

• Like 1

Who's Banking on the Dakota Access Pipeline?

The Standing Rock Sioux are inspiring the world with their resistance against the pipeline. But it’s not just Big Oil and Gas that they’re opposing....

"When the Army Corps of Engineers issued a permit for the 1,100-mile Dakota Access Pipeline in July, executives at the corporations behind the plan probably thought their path forward was clear. They’d moved easily through the permit process, seemingly dodging the concerns of people affected by the pipeline, and were ready to go ahead with construction.

But the communities in the pipeline’s path, especially local tribes, had other ideas. Thousands of people, mostly Native Americans, have converged at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota in an effort to stop the pipeline from being built.

The Standing Rock Sioux call the pipeline a black snake, and they know that if it were to rupture and spill — a serious risk, given the well-documented history of pipeline leaks in the U.S. — it could poison their drinking water and pollute their sacred land....

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/09/07/whos-banking-dakota-access-pipeline

haven't you ever heard of the black hills of dakota? :lol:

• Like 1

Sorry, mr6666 - I didn't see this thread when I started my Jill joins Native protestors and becomes an outlaw one. If I had I would've posted it here instead of starting a new thread. It was early this morning and I wasn't seeing too well yet.

• Like 1

"The Standing Rock Sioux battle to protect their sacred sites from being destroyed by a giant oil pipeline has just taken a shocking turn. The Governor of North Dakota, Republican Jack Dalrymple has called in the National Guard to deal with the massive group of protesters that has congregated to stand up for the rights of Native Americans...

Tensions are running very high between the private security forces hired by contractor Energy Transfer Partners and the protesters from over 200 Native American tribes from around the country. Corporate goons have already inflicted a swath of injuries on the protesters with their use of attack dogs over the weekend and police have arrested over 37 for such ridiculous charges as “preventing arrest,” “disorderly conduct,” and “trespassing” – but did nothing when the oilmen began bulldozing ancient burial sites before they had the proper paperwork to do so. A judge has issued an emergency restraining order until the formal hearing on the legality of the $3.8 billion pipeline, which spans four states and areas that the United States has ceded to local Native American tribes by treaty....

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/09/08/breaking-north-dakota-calls-national-guard-squash-sioux-pipeline-protest/

Anyone who has read the history of the railroad industry knows pipelines put many of them out of business. Pipelines are safer than trains. The railroad lobby and the lefty Warren Buffett keep pushing these "protests" to keep the oil rolling on their railroad tracks and don't care about safety. The Keystone pipeline was also stopped to keep it going by railroad. It's all about money as usual, and that corrupt Obama gave them what they wanted.

• Like 1

Jill Stein, facing possible charges for protest, calls out Dakota Access Pipeline for “vandalism on steroids”: unleashing attack dogs, endangering water and climate, and destroying sacred sites--

Stein issued the following statement Wednesday: "I hope the North Dakota authorities press charges against the real vandalism taking place at the Standing Rock Sioux reservation: the bulldozing of sacred burial sites and the unleashing of vicious attack dogs. I hope they take action against the Dakota Access Pipeline company that is endangering drinking water not only for the Standing Rock Sioux, but for millions of people downstream of the reservation who depend on the Missouri River.

"The pipeline will carry up to 570,000 barrels of highly polluting Bakken crude oil per day. This would be another deadly blow to a climate teetering on the brink. It cannot be allowed to go forward."...

http://www.jill2016.com/north_dakota

anyone dumb enough to waste her air time complementing a schtootz like bernie sanders doan get my vote. :D

"The Dakota Access pipeline was fast-tracked from the beginning, using the Nationwide Permit 12 process that treats the pipeline as a series of small construction sites and grants exemption from the environmental review required by the Clean Water Act and the National Environmental Policy Act.

And since it does not cross an international border, as the Keystone XL project did, it escaped a more probing federal analysis of its economic justification and environmental impact, according to the chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe, David Archambault II, who wrote in a New York Times op-ed that they have been opposing the pipeline since they first learned of it in 2014.Food and Water Watch mapped out the institutions that are bankrolling Dakota Access, LLC and its parent company, Energy Transfer Partners,...

http://billmoyers.com/story/need-know-dakota-access-pipeline-protest/

The Legal Case for Blocking the Dakota Access Pipeline-

Did the U.S. government help destroy a major Sioux archeological site?

"...Federal Indian law has a long history—there are statutes and consultation requirements—precisely to recognize that tribes have been here since time immemorial,”

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/09/dapl-dakota-sitting-rock-sioux/499178/

"A request from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to halt construction of a controversial pipeline in North Dakota was denied by a U.S. District Court judge.

Although tribal officials argued that “irreparable harm will ensue” from the pipeline, “the Court cannot concur,” judge James Boasberg said in his ruling.

“The Tribe has not shown it will suffer injury that would be prevented by any injunction the Court could issue,” the judge added......

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/federal-judge-denies-standing-rocks-request-halt-pipeline/

-I have to applaud J. Stein as the 1st and maybe ONLY candidate with the nerve to address this issue

:)

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) has announced it will be temporarily halting construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline effective immediately.

...according to the joint statement issued by the DOJ and the Department of the Interior Friday afternoon, construction of a critical part of the pipeline has been indefinitely put on hold....

Lastly, the DOJ applauded indigenous activists for exercising their constitutional rights to free speech and free assembly to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline, saying that federal resources would be utilized to make sure Native Americans’ right to protest is protected.

http://usuncut.com/news/obama-pipeline-announcement/

:D

• Like 1

An arrest warrant has been issued against Jill Stein.

She spray painted "I Approve This Message" on a bulldozer at the request of the Native Americans who are protesting the pipeline.

Stein was arrested before, in 2012, for aiding protesters of the Keystone pipeline.

She's a brave and true person - the kind who could never be elected in America.

An arrest warrant has been issued against Jill Stein.

She spray painted "I Approve This Message" on a bulldozer at the request of the Native Americans who are protesting the pipeline.

Stein was arrested before, in 2012, for aiding protesters of the Keystone pipeline.

She's a brave and true person - the kind who could never be elected in America.

much ado signifying nothing.

she makes about as much sense as daryl hannah in a tree. :lol:

"An arrest warrant has been issued in North Dakota for Democracy Now! host and executive producer Amy Goodman. Goodman was charged with criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor offense. A team from Democracy Now! was in North Dakota last week to cover the Native American-led protests against the Dakota Access pipeline.

On Sept. 3, Democracy Now! filmed security guards working for the Dakota Access pipeline company using dogs and pepper spray to attack protesters. Democracy Now!’s report went viral online and was rebroadcast on many outlets, including CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC and Huffington Post....

As for the pipeline itself, the Obama administration has put a temporary halt on the project. The protesters, though, vow that their protests will continue, perhaps even through North and South Dakota’s brutal winter.

“This could go all winter, and into next summer,” said Lance Dorian, spokesman for a group from the Rosebud Reservation

http://usuncut.news/2016/09/11/pbs-reporter-faces-arrest-warrant-for-covering-pipeline-protest-video/

• Like 1

How come they're only issuing arrest arrants for non-Natives for trespassing? Arem't Native Americans allowed to invite guests on to Native land?

The construction is NOT talking place on Native American land but near their reservation.    Based on what I could find the arrest were for trespassing on private property.

The construction is NOT talking place on Native American land but near their reservation.    Based on what I could find the arrest were for trespassing on private property.

Then I'll ask again. Why only non-native Americans getting arrest warrants directed at them? Aren't the Indians trespassing too?

An arrest warrant (trespassing charge) has now been issued for Amy Goodman - the journalist who reported on security personnel attacking Indians with guard dogs.

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/north_dakota_is_trying_to_arrest_amy_goodman_for_exercising_20160913

Sanders Stands with Tribal Nations, Calls on President to Stop Pipeline-

"Sept. 13 – During a rally outside the White House Tuesday with leaders of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and other tribal nations, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called on President Barack Obama to block construction of the Dakota Access oil pipeline.

“If there is one profound lesson that the Native American people have taught us, it is that all of us as human beings are part of nature,” Sanders said. “Our species will not survive if we continue to destroy nature, so today we stand united in saying ‘stop the pipeline, respect Native American rights and let us move forward to transform our energy system away from fossil fuels.’” 

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-stands-with-tribal-nations-calls-on-president-to-stop-pipeline

• Like 1

Sanders Stands with Tribal Nations, Calls on President to Stop Pipeline-

"Sept. 13 – During a rally outside the White House Tuesday with leaders of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and other tribal nations, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called on President Barack Obama to block construction of the Dakota Access oil pipeline.

“If there is one profound lesson that the Native American people have taught us, it is that all of us as human beings are part of nature,” Sanders said. “Our species will not survive if we continue to destroy nature, so today we stand united in saying ‘stop the pipeline, respect Native American rights and let us move forward to transform our energy system away from fossil fuels.’” 

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-stands-with-tribal-nations-calls-on-president-to-stop-pipeline

whatz sanders gonna do when obama ignores him?

absolutely nothing. :lol:

Then I'll ask again. Why only non-native Americans getting arrest warrants directed at them? Aren't the Indians trespassing too?

An arrest warrant (trespassing charge) has now been issued for Amy Goodman - the journalist who reported on security personnel attacking Indians with guard dogs.

I read that 22 people were arrested but I couldn't find if none of them were Native Americans or not.     The warrant for a journalist is odd but consistent with what was done in Oregon and Nevada in the Bundy case (were the trail of these wackos started this week).     In that case a right wing talk show host was arrested but charges latter dropped.    

Charging journalist that are only there to cover the story is clearly wrong and shouldn't occur.   But sometimes journalist are really part of the movement (like in the Bundy case) and if they act as part of the movement and commit a crime they should be charged.