Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Title Cards

Richard Kimble

Actually the sepiatone segments in The Wizard of Oz were originally B&W, including the title cards, so I changed it to that on purpose. I also remember when I first saw the movie when I was very young, those segments were still in B&W until they changed it a few years later.

Disregard that last statement...

Now, more title cards...

HCJg28E.jpg

QGe4ii6.jpg

BhNJeWB.jpg

OmFX8Zr.jpg

DvZ7gk4.jpg

buatFa0.jpg

gXr5klB.jpg

S1KcOUN.jpg

sSeNCeS.jpg

• Like 1

Actually the sepiatone segments in The Wizard of Oz were originally B&W, including the title cards, so I changed it to that on purpose. I also remember when I first saw the movie when I was very young, those segments were still in B&W until they changed it a few years later.

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2010/08/10-crazy-but-true-facts-about-wizard-of.html

Oz is Not in Black and White - The opening and ending to The Wizard of Oz were not originally filmed in black and white. They were filmed on Sepia Tone film, which gave it more of a brownish tint. However, from 1949, all the prints shown of Oz were in black and white. The movie wasn't restored to the original sepia tones until a 50th Anniversary special-edition videocassette was released in 1989.

Hey! I gotta question here for you folks, and which was spurred by these title cards.

Does anybody know why and/or how the practice started of showing the copyright dates of films in Roman numerals?

(...one slightly used chariot goes to the first person who gives me a reasonable answer to this...you probably won't want it, though...the wheels are shot and the hook-up thingy that goes to the horses is missing)

• Like 1

Hey! I gotta question here for you folks, and which was spurred by these title cards.

Does anybody know why and/or how the practice started of showing the copyright dates of films in Roman numerals?

(...one slightly used chariot goes to the first person who gives me a reasonable answer to this...you probably won't want it, though...the wheels are shot and the hook-up thingy that goes to the horses is missing)

Someone asked this on the site Stack Exchange, and the best answer would be one of two things, according to Imponderables: The Solution to the Mysteries of Everyday Life by David Feldman:

1. Deception theory: to "make it difficult for viewers to determine how old the show/film is", the reason being the older the date, the "staler" the material may seem to the audience.

2. Inertia theory: That's just the way it's always been done.

I'd like that Chariot now, so I can pretend I'm Charlton Heston in Ben-Hurplease.

dvGEfli.jpg

cQzCvJ3.jpg

ttEFA9v.jpg

l8muPWh.jpg

OD2cke2.jpg

gzpMR92.jpg

ASNGGqg.jpg

2bjEJZb.jpg

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings