Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

1 hour ago, jaragon said:

Michael Nader (1945-1976) He romanced Sally Field, Sussan Lucci and Joan Collins in "Dynasty".   Here he shows off his dance skills in "Ski Party" (1965)

Looked him up, and if I've got the right guy, he just passed away 3 days ago.  I wasn't familiar with him.

• Like 1
On 8/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, jaragon said:

Robert Brian Wilson was "discovered" while eating in a restaurant- he make a handsome All American psycho..

I remember him from Search for Tomorrow in 1985. He didn't last long, about six months. He was a recast that didn't work out (trying to fill big shoes left by Kevin Conroy).

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Looked him up, and if I've got the right guy, he just passed away 3 days ago.  I wasn't familiar with him.

Michael Nader was the nephew of George Nader.

His first major soap role was on As the World Turns which he did from 1975-78. But he became very well-known on Dynasty as one of Joan Collins' husbands. He appeared on that show from 1983 until it ended in 1989.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.59.22 AM

In the early 90s, he joined the cast of All My Children where he had a long-running stint. However, he was fired by ABC in 2001 when he was arrested for selling drugs (or something strange like that). It was reported that he was earning around $400,000 per year on AMC when he was arrested for selling drugs.

Despite his personal problems, Michael was a fan favorite and his character was very popular. So ABC said they would consider rehiring him once he resolved his legal problems and went to rehab.

After he resolved his legal and drug issues, ABC did not rehire him (perhaps fearing he would relapse). So he sued the network. He didn't work very much after that. But when All My Children was canceled and resurfaced in 2013 as an online reboot, he returned for some episodes but the reboot failed. And per the IMDb, he never worked again on television.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Michael Nader was the nephew of George Nader.

His first major soap role was on As the World Turns which he did from 1975-78. But he became very well-known on Dynasty as one of Joan Collins' husbands. He appeared on that show from 1983 until it ended in 1989.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.59.22 AM

In the early 90s, he joined the cast of All My Children where he had a long-running stint. However, he was fired by ABC in 2001 when he was arrested for selling drugs (or something strange like that). It was reported that he was earning around $400,000 per year on AMC when he was arrested for selling drugs.

Despite his personal problems, Michael was a fan favorite and his character was very popular. So ABC said they would consider rehiring him once he resolved his legal problems and went to rehab.

After he resolved his legal and drug issues, ABC did not rehire him (perhaps fearing he would relapse). So he sued the network. He didn't work very much after that. But when All My Children was canceled and resurfaced in 2013 as an online reboot, he returned for some episodes but the reboot failed. And per the IMDb, he never worked again on television.

Interesting

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, jaragon said:

A boxing match is a good excuse for good looking tv actors to  go shirtless  this is from "Emmerdale"

Michael Parr was great as Ross Barton. Hope he returns to Emmerdale someday.

I also loved Anthony Quinlan who played his brother Pete Barton, included in the clip you shared.

• Like 1