Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beautiful GWTW image

Definitely a Miss. :)

I didn’t think Scarlett loved Ashley either. I saw her so call love and pursuit of Ashley as wanting something she couldn’t have. I imagine if she had won Ashley’s heart she would’ve grown bored with him or unfortunately cause his death as she did with one of her other husbands

At least Rhett finally wised up and got out of town before he became dead husband #3.    

For the record I'm a romantic so I have no problem with romantic movies even unfulfilled romances like in Roman Holiday (one of my favorite films).  I just find it odd that so many women (many at this forum),   say they find GWTW to be romantic.    

I've always liked Gone With the Wind (and the book) primarily because I find Scarlett such a fascinating character and I admire the film's quality, craftmanship and acting as well.  I have never viewed it as some historically accurate depiction of the South at the time. 

And a love story?  Never.  Unless someone means Scarlett's love of land, wealth, possessions and, of course, herself, which superceded all others including her husbands, child(ren) and parents.  Scarlett is the ultimate self loving, manipulative man-eater, and that made for good literature and film.  Scarlett may have admired Rhett at some point, but I don't believe ever really loved him any more than the other men in her life.  But she, to me, remains the center of an intriguing story.

• Like 2

I've always liked Gone With the Wind (and the book) primarily because I find Scarlett such a fascinating character and I admire the film's quality, craftmanship and acting as well.  I have never viewed it as some historically accurate depiction of the South at the time. 

And a love story?  Never.  Unless someone means Scarlett's love of land, wealth, possessions and, of course, herself, which superceded all others including her husbands, child(ren) and parents.  Scarlett is the ultimate self loving, manipulative man-eater, and that made for good literature and film.  Scarlett may have admired Rhett at some point, but I don't believe ever really loved him any more than the other men in her life.  But she, to me, remains the center of an intriguing story.

Agree with almost everything you just said here about this film, Roy.

(...everything that is EXCEPT about it "not being a love story"...WHAT, dude?...never heard of the concept of "Unrequited Love" before or somethin'?...let ALONE, never experienced it YOURSELF, dude???)

• Like 1