Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

13 stars resting at Arlington National Cemetery

SullivansTravels

& the legendary *James Stewart-(l908-l997) also could have been laid to rest there, but for some reason chose Glendale's mammoth "Forest Lawn" instead?

& unlike a lot of the stars of "Hollywoods Glorious Golden Age" & "Studio-System"-(circa 1925 to 1960)

he's not closed off in a pvt section & wanted his fans to be able to visit him-(I was first there in '99) on a hill next to his wife Dolores

• Like 1

Dashiell Hammett, author of The Maltese Falcon and The Thin Man, is also buried in Arlington.  He served in both World Wars.

& on Hammett, 2 flix to check out linked to the famed writer 1982's "Hammett" (***) starring Frederic Forrest & of course *Jason Robards *Oscar winning turn as the writer in the perfectly made 1977 "Julia"

*I must admit I got to visit "Arlington, cem." as a kid of only about 12 & I was then in a type of "Reform School"-(Truency)-(hope I spelled it ok?

It wasn't an all-out 1 though & we actually had field trips, where going there-(from Delaware) was one

at that age though you don't appreciate things like history,etc & I mostly remember seeing JFK's & Bobby's graves This was around 1975-76

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings