Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tns61497

The Major and the Minor

Does anyone know why TCM rarely ever shows this movie? i have been waiting and waiting to see it. and it is practically gone when looking for it in VHS. it is such a great movie, does anyone know how to put in a request for them to show it?

tns, "The Major and the Minor" is a Paramount picture and TCM don't have access to many films from that studio. You might however catch the movie on AMC sometime.

Mongo

Mongo is right, "The Major and the Minor" was a Paramount film and it's copyright is currently owned by Universal. Since TCM has recently shown some Universal owned films I think that you should request TCM consider it for a future presentation. "The Major and the Minor" was shown quite often on AMC a few years ago. That is where I first saw it. I also purchased a copy of it. Universal brought it out on home video in 1998. Before answering this post I checked both Critics Choice Video & Movies Unlimited & neither lists it as being currently available. I think that is rather odd since it's only a 5 year old release. I'm just guessing here but maybe Universal plans on releasing it on DVD sometime in the future & wanted it off the market for a few years. The only place where you might be able to find it is someplace that sells used videos or on ebay. Try searching Ginger Rogers or Ray Milland on ebay & you might find a copy for sale. This is one of my favorite movies. I hope you can locate a copy.Good Luck!

After posting the previous message curiosity got the better of me & I went to ebay. Doing a search of Ginger Rogers showed three auctions for brand new, never been viewed copies of "The Major and the Minor". If you would like to own a copy of this movie, tns, this maybe the only place to get it.