Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why all the "new" movies?

I was recently looking at the schedule of upcoming movies on your site and I was MORTIFIED to find that you are showing movies such as "Sleepless in Seattle" and other more recent movies. These movies, I am sure are good movies in their own respect, but are in no way suitable to be shown on a classic movie channel. "New Classics" as they are referred to, are shown on any channel on the cable or satellite programming, but the TRUE classics are rarely shown anymore. All I have to say is that if this station starts showing new movies it will soon lose its integrity the same way AMC has. I hope many classic movie fans will agree with me and say that this is a great disappointment.

This is mostly because of a Tom Hanks tribute.

For some reason a lot of people consider Tom Hanks a classic already (lifetime achievement award), but I think it's too soon to say, even though he'll certainly have that status eventually.

People are eager to put at least one actor of their own generation on a pedestal alongside the all time greats and Tom Hanks is the only person under 60 who fits the bill.