Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"This'll test your film knowledge …".

Colin

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to call on the communal expertise of the TCM classic film buffs to answer a question that's been bugging me for longer than I care to admit. The issue concerns a line from a British black and white WW2 spy film from the late 40s or early 50s.  I'm trying to discover the name of the film from which the line, "How is Celeste", is used as a password between the main protagonist and an eastern European member of the underground.  The answer to the password was something like, "She's recovering nicely apart from the cough"

I know it's obscure and is of no consequence to anyone other than myself, but I would be very appreciative if anyone out there could identify the movie from which these lines are derived.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

Remember anything else about the movie?  Scenes?  Protagonist and undergrounder male?  Protagonist on a mission or escaping?  A mission for what:  blow something up, get information, kill someone?  Poland?  Baltic countries, Hungary, or just general Eastern European?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings