Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charmian Carr (1942-2016)

noah80

Carr should have been a Guest Programmer on TCM.  I have no doubt she would have picked a Doris Day film since Day was her childhood idol.

"Charmian Carr, best known for her role as Liesl in "The Sound of Music," died Saturday at the age of 73, her website said. Carr died of complications from a rare form of dementia." from CNN

• Like 2

What?  No word from Julie or Angela?  tsk tsk.  By the way the real life Liesl Von Trapp lived to be 100.  I thought it would be fun to have Julie play the elderly Maria when her book became the show we all love .  Sort of a back story thing.  A young singer would play Julie herself back then maybe Jackie Evancho.

67_zpscw80sx2h.jpg

"Charmian Carr has been a shining light in our lives for more than fifty years. The astonishing beauty that the whole world knew and loved was coupled with an equally beautiful spirit. The kindness and generosity and the deep affection she gave so freely to her friends and loved ones brought joy to all of us lucky enough to be in her orbit. She was unshakably loyal and someone of tireless energy both in her creative work and in attending to those in her life. She was and always will be our older sister, both in the eyes of the public and in life. We will always love her, and feel grateful to have been loved by her."

~with love, 

Her #ForeverSOM7 siblings,

Nicolas Hammond, Heather Menzies, Duane Chase, Angela Cartwright, Debbie Turner and Kym Karath

from Debbie Turner's facebook page

• Like 1

Dear Hibi,  Angela as in Angela Cartwright  the other better known Trapp child.  She and Julie Andrews could have made some statement of condolence but I haven't heard any.  Pity.

OK. I forgot about her. I couldnt come up with anybody.......

"The Sound of Music" has been my favorite movie since my mom took me see the original Roadshow release in 1965.  The film brought so much joy to my family and friends over the years.  

It was difficult losing Eleanor Parker in 2013, but the loss of Charmian is particularly sad since she was the first of the kids to pass.  

Julie and Christopher responded to the passing of Charmian in the attached article.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/charmian-carr-who-played-liesl-in-the-sound-of-music-dies-at?utm_term=.tmdd10jwl#.aaYoGM6lv

• 3 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings