Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rayban

Random Alerts!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, rayban said:

Unruh has explained that the family was initially too panicked to report the incident. 

And the  chance to make some money must have cured their panic

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaragon said:

And the  chance to make some money must have cured their panic

This reporter hinted about this back when the Rapp allegations first came out, but she didn't give details or say who the "victim" was, only that he was related to her. I'm guessing she spoke with him and he agreed to go public, or (to be cynical) the check cleared for her story to be published. 

Her son was 18, and drinking, and Spacey allegedly groped him, and then the 18-year-old left. I'm not sure what the drinking age is in Nantucket, but this incident doesn't rise to the level of horrifying to me. Any unwanted touching, be it sexual or otherwise, is legally considered assault, but this sounds like something people put up with in bars every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Her son was 18, and drinking, and Spacey allegedly groped him, and then the 18-year-old left. I'm not sure what the drinking age is in Nantucket, but this incident doesn't rise to the level of horrifying to me. Any unwanted touching, be it sexual or otherwise, is legally considered assault, but this sounds like something people put up with in bars every night.

Spacey obviously must have some sort of mental problem- groping men in public bars seems like reckless and career destroying behavior.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Spacey obviously must have some sort of mental problem- groping men in public bars seems like reckless and career destroying behavior.

Yes, it does. He was either numb to the danger from years of getting away with it, or on a self-destructive streak, consciously or not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

He was either numb to the danger from years of getting away with it, or on a self-destructive streak, consciously or not. 

Perhaps he gets turned on by the danger of course now he is going have to pay for it.:(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't how many saw this in another thread, but that Ridley Scott movie I brought up earlier, All the Money in the World, that was said to be an Oscar contender but was now in limbo thanks to the scandals? The studio has decided to re-shoot Kevin Spacey's role, replacing him with Christopher Plummer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The legal drinking age in Nantucket, Massachusetts, that is, consuming alcohol in a public place, is 21.

The boy had lied to Kevin Spacey - he told him that he was 21.

Nevertheless, it was sexual assault, since Spacey fed drinks to the boy and then put his hands into the boy's pants and explored his private parts.

Closeted gay men like Spacey who live under rocks thrive on this kind of clandestine behavior

And they get away with it - because they are famous.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, rayban said:

The boy had lied to Kevin Spacey - he told him that he was 21.

Nevertheless, it was sexual assault, since Spacey fed drinks to the boy and then put his hands into the boy's pants and explored his private parts.

Closeted gay men like Spacey who live under rocks thrive on this kind of clandestine behavior

And they get away with it - because they are famous.

Just a couple of thoughts on this rather depressing subject- do you think Spacey would have been treated differently if he had been a director?  Bryant Singer was accused of far worse crimes and he is still working.   Or is his rapid down fall from glory ( they are erasing him from his last movie!) has something to do with Hollywood's homophobia.  Hollywood liberals love gay as long as they are the political correct type - I can't wait to see how they deal with George Takei who has been accused by a male model.  Takei is a well loved gay icon will he be spared the wrath of the internet witch hunters?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Edwards, the actor, has come forward to accuse writer/producer, Gary Goddard, of sexually molesting him and **** his best friend, too.

Both of them were only teens at the time.

Gary Goddard was guiding Anthony Edwards through his career at that time.

Anthony Edwards was unable to tell his mother about it, though.

The sexual abuse went on for years.

In the past few years, though, Anthony Edwards has been able to get professional help.

He's been able to deal with a problem that has haunted him for years.

So many men in the industry prey on teenage boys and young men who are trying to gain a foothold in the industry.

One well-known agent was finally brought down when a young actor came foward and exposed the agent's method of auditioning - open your pants and reveal your manhood - and then the agent would comment on their "possibilities".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rayban said:

So many men in the industry prey on teenage boys and young men who are trying to gain a foothold in the industry.

Sad but true-:(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/XFYWazblaUA  Guillermo Del Toro's enchanting  " The Shape of Water" is story about a mute woman Elisa (Sally Hawkins) who fall in love with an amphibian creature ( Doug Jones) . Richard Jenkis  plays Giles her best friend a closeted gay man who has his own forbidden romantic desires in the shape of Pie Guy (Morgan Kelly).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an interesting "behind the scenes" clip on Huffington Post (in the "Latest News" section on right side of top page) about "Boys in the Band" coming to Broadway this spring.  Directed by Ryan Murphy and actors include cutie Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons.  Tuc Watkins is in it, too, whom I remember from soaps but can't remember which soap he was on.  No laws protecting gays when "Boys" premiered 50 years ago but it's a timely revival especially considering the current political climate that threatens to dismantle a lot of rights (in my opinion).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

There is an interesting "behind the scenes" clip on Huffington Post (in the "Latest News" section on right side of top page) about "Boys in the Band" coming to Broadway this spring.  Directed by Ryan Murphy and actors include cutie Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons.  Tuc Watkins is in it, too, whom I remember from soaps but can't remember which soap he was on.  No laws protecting gays when "Boys" premiered 50 years ago but it's a timely revival especially considering the current political climate that threatens to dismantle a lot of rights (in my opinion).

Somehow, this famous play has survived against all odds - i.e. the majority of critics calling it "dated" due to the Stonewall uprising in the West Village (NYC) - it is a perfect time capsule of gay culture in the late 60's and, of course, the dialogue, to say the least, is "priceless".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rayban said:

Somehow, this famous play has survived against all odds - i.e. the majority of critics calling it "dated" due to the Stonewall uprising in the West Village (NYC) - it is a perfect time capsule of gay culture in the late 60's and, of course, the dialogue, to say the least, is "priceless".

Agreed, and it has very meaty (no pun intended) roles for actors, regardless of the era it portrays. Both Parsons and Bomer worked very well with Ryan Murphy in HBO's The Normal Heart, so I would expect good things from a stage production of this play. Ryan's really on a roll, isn't he? That's some work ethic which gives him time for everything he's been doing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Agreed, and it has very meaty (no pun intended) roles for actors, regardless of the era it portrays. Both Parsons and Bomer worked very well with Ryan Murphy in HBO's The Normal Heart, so I would expect good things from a stage production of this play. Ryan's really on a roll, isn't he? That's some work ethic which gives him time for everything he's been doing. 

Yes, I'm looking forward to the Broadway production of "The Boys In The Band".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jaragon said:

I really want to go see the new production of "Boys in the Band"

You'll be there!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Alienist" on TNT- a handsome period mystery the hunt for a serial killer who preys on young male prostitutes in the Gilded Age . It's "The Age of Innocence" meets the "Zodiac" starring that good looking bisexual actor Luke Evans, Daniel Bruhl and Dakota Fanning

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jaragon said:

"The Alienist" on TNT- a handsome period mystery the hunt for a serial killer who preys on young male prostitutes at the turn of 20th century New York City. It's "The Age of Innocence" meets the "Zodiac" starring that good looking bisexual actor Luke Evans, Daniel Bruhl and Dakota Fanning

Yes, it is "a handsome period mystery", but can we get through it?

It is grisly, to say the least.

Years ago, they tried to make a movie out of it.

But it never arrived on the motion-picture screen. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the opening scene of "The Alienist" was a bit slow- but then became very intrigued by the plot. It is a great looking show- it made me realized how much I miss "Penny Dreadful".  The subject matter of child murder might be a bit strong for a weekly series.  I thought Scott Ruddin had the rights to the book and refuse to let anyone else make it- I guess he gave up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jaragon said:

I thought the opening scene of "The Alienist" was a bit slow- but then became very intrigued by the plot. It is a great looking show- it made me realized how much I miss "Penny Dreadful".  The subject matter of child murder might be a bit strong for a weekly series.  I thought Scott Ruddin had the rights to the book and refuse to let anyone else make it- I guess he gave up.

I miss "Penny Dreadful", too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2019 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...