Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random Alerts!


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, rayban said:

Armie Hammer will be starring in a new Broadway play, "Straight White Men".

armie-hammer-broadway-debut-new-york-the

This is really intriguing because there are so many possible points of view from which to build a story. The "straight" in the title really begs the question of whether or not its opposite will be addressed and how. A female director too. This will be something to keep an eye on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Boys Beware" - I found this Sid Davis PSA on TCM - it's hilarious and, of course, homophobic -

"the homosexual" is seen as a "mentally ill" middle-aged man who preys on young boys who become gradually ensared in his web -

and "the homosexual" isn't above killing these boys, either -

"the homosexual" is A MONSTER -

that movie theaters showed this kind of deeply prejudiced - and uninformed - claptrap - is hardly a PSA.

hqdefault.jpg?fit=480,360&ssl=1

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rayban said:

"Boys Beware" - I found this Sid Davis PSA on TCM - it's hilarious and, of course, homophobic -

"the homosexual" is seen as a "mentally ill" middle-aged man who preys on young boys who become gradually ensared in his web -

and "the homosexual" isn't above killing these boys, either -

"the homosexual" is A MONSTER -

that movie theaters showed this kind of deeply prejudiced - and uninformed - claptrap - is hardly a PSA.

hqdefault.jpg?fit=480,360&ssl=1

 

 

Did this play in movie theaters? It looks more like something that might be shown to impressionable boys at either Catholic school or a Boy Scout meeting

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaragon said:

Did this play in movie theaters? It looks more like something that might be shown to impressionable boys at either Catholic school or a Boy Scout meeting

My guess is that it was a PSA that was shown in high schools.

Incredibly, it was re-made in color in 1973 under the title, "Boys Aware".

And, incredibly, a third edition was made in 1979.

Boys-Beware-images-448710ed-fed9-4694-93

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did briefly mention Boys Beware on the thread involving "adult" movies. There was a contemporary Girls Beware as well, but involving older heterosexual guys taking advantage of the girl accepting a ride with them. The whole problem in the former film was the suggestion that homosexuality is a "sickness" (and, yes, many tried shock therapy back then to cure themselves of it). Otherwise, the film probably had some good intentions like Girls Beware. Then again, these films were also made to please the California cops, who had their own opinions about morality back then just as today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, rayban said:

Much to everyone's surprise, "Angels In America" will be closing on July 15 -

and will it be able to win any of its' Tony nominations? -

angels-in-america-london-production-phot

 

Was it expected to run into the fall? Why is it closing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the slash fiction begin...

 

Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run!

www.justjared.com/2018/.../charlie-hunnam-garrett-hedlund...

May 12, 2018 · Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run! Charlie Hunnam and Garrett Hedlund stripped off their shirts for their workout! Charlie, 38, and Garrett, 33, were seen on a jog around Honolulu, Hawaii e

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Let the slash fiction begin...

Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run!

www.justjared.com/2018/.../charlie-hunnam-garrett-hedlund...

May 12, 2018 · Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run! Charlie Hunnam and Garrett Hedlund stripped off their shirts for their workout! Charlie, 38, and Garrett, 33, were seen on a jog around Honolulu, Hawaii e

I used to get those two guys mixed up.

227cd3ebd7369c3287313d0ca400cabd.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Boys In The Band" is going strong at The Biltmore Theater in New York City -

however, Jim Parsons had an accident onstage at the Saturday matinee - 

so, right now, we can only hope that the production will not be cancelled -

boysintheband760x300-pagespeed-ic-bkdeza

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...